Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all gotta meet up soon! I plan on having weekly/biweekly meets between all owners here in Jacksonville, but we need to spread further out also. If anybody wants to set up a certain location (central FL, probably O-town or G-ville) that all of us can drive to and meet up it would be cool. I'm think Nov sometime as hopefully a LOT of us should have our cars by then.

Lets work this thing out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
G-ville is good for me :) Appreciate the response to the question I asked about your dealer. And I am up for some kind of club/group meet. Hope to beat, I mean meet ya soon.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sarasota is nice!

We are in Sarasota and have many car shows in this area. Many Solstices showing up at one would be really cool. Ours is due in any day as invoice landed at dealer last week. :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just might be interested...!! Need to make it a short trip with the trunk space... or ship a bag ahead to a hotel! HA But who cares!

Car 864 was shipped 9/21 and is due 10/4!!! I would be ready for a Mid Nov trip.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Sounds great--Am near Orlando--Gainsville sounds good--#1 at dealer but no vin as of last week 3400 hope you meet after I get mine---

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lease vs. Smart buy

Any comments on the difference between the smart lease vs. buy, which one is the better option? Looked like the buy ballon payment vs. residual price was about $1,000 better for the smart lease.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm going to do a FL regional poll, what areas should I break FL up into to get the most accurate coverage?

These are prelim ideas, kinda rough for the first draft. So make some suggestions!
  • Pan-handle
  • Central Florida
  • South Florida
  • North Florida
I can see breaking areas up like CF could be "North I4 and South I4" or "CF East/West Coast" etc. So give me your ideas fellow Floridians.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Clearwater here. Would love to get together w/ the other Sol's. Hopefull delivery in mid/late November. Production Code 3000 as of 9/6.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brentil said:
I'm going to do a FL regional poll, what areas should I break FL up into to get the most accurate coverage?

These are prelim ideas, kinda rough for the first draft. So make some suggestions!
  • Pan-handle
  • Central Florida
  • South Florida
  • North Florida
I can see breaking areas up like CF could be "North I4 and South I4" or "CF East/West Coast" etc. So give me your ideas fellow Floridians.
I like your 4 areas... since there's basically (about) 4 big cities in FL.

Seems like your choices could translate to:

Tallahassee & surrounding area
Orlando & surrounding area
Miami & surrounding area
Jacksonville & surrounding area

It seems though that lots of people here are FROM central, and I don't think driving to you guys while you save gas for every meet is a good idea. Perhaps we could rotate locations so everybody gets a turn to have the meet in their own area at some points.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Florida Regional areas

Don't forget Tampa/Pinellas area. How about:
West Florida - Tampa
East Florida - Jacksonville
Central Florida - Orlando
North Florida - Tallahassee
South Florida - Miami

That should cover most of the major markets in Florida.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tampa counts as south, I'd think. but then again I live in Jax. West FL to me is Tallahassee.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tallahassee here...I drive to Gainesville for every home Gator game...let me tell you, what a boring drive!

I'd probably come to a meet once a year or so out of town, but otherwise I am going to try and keep the mileage low. Especially highway mileage...every car we've had has had a clean front facia from in town driving, but as soon as you get on the interstate the rock chips and bug marks pile up. Not good for my baby!

It definitely would be cool to see a bunch of Sols together and if it was done soon before everybody knows what they are we are sure to draw a lot of attention. Of course, I actually have to GET my car first before I can come to a gathering. Where is it GM? :willy:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Upon looking at the map brentil posted (ashamed that I'm not more familiar with the shape of my own state) I retract my previous statement of Tampa being in the SOUTH category. It's definitely central. Here... I'll put up a pic of how I felt the sections were when he named them off.

edit: here it is... brentil named these four regions and this is what I thought of.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
dori-san said:
Upon looking at the map brentil posted (ashamed that I'm not more familiar with the shape of my own state) I retract my previous statement of Tampa being in the SOUTH category.
That's OK ... the State University system doesn't know any better either ... they put the University of South Florida in Tampa. :)

http://www.usf.edu

1 - 20 of 30 Posts