Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking to have a Flowmaster installed on my 2008 GXP and need a little advice. If anyone has had a 40 or 50 series installed on theirs, what kind of results did it give? Was there a noticeable drone while driving at around 2200-2500 RPMs? If at all possible, could anyone provide part numbers for their Flowmaster installs, as I am unsure of which inlet/outlet config to have installed for this specific vehicle.

My preference is to only hear a big difference while starting her and while taking off. I'd prefer not to hear a big drone while cruising in 4th or 5th gear going down the highway. My girl is a tad picky ;)

Thanks for your time and for your help!

If anyone is interested, this is my first post here on the Solstice Forum. I own a T2 SCCA & ZELLA edition, sporting gray racing stripes and a yellow base color. :)

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I've run Flowmasters on a few of my cars and am currently running the 40 series on my Chevelle they are LOUD the 50's are a bit quieter . As Rob suggested I think you would be better off running a system that was designed for our cars I've got a Magnaflow cat back system and am very pleased with it the problem you will run into is adapting it to fit a Solstice if you decide to go that route the best one to get from a fitment stand point is a Flowmaster 80 series part #842583 Just to add Summit Racing sells a variety of race car mufflers that have similar dimensions as the stock mufflers that come on our cars .

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I had flowmasters on an '07 Mustang and they were awful. A really bad drone right around the rpm you mentioned with the top up. Even with the top down I didn't really care for them. After that experience I wouldn't put Flowmasters on anything of mine. Like Sting and Rob said lot's of different people on this forum have used Solo products and love them. I would probably stick to those if I were going to replace my exhaust. I have one of their high flow cats on my car with a stock exhaust and I'm happy with the sound and performance.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Flowmaster and Magnaflow are decent quality and I have used them on various cars over the years, but frankly the Solo product is a step and a half above and well worth the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts