Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny of the day... I had my '07 GXP for ~1-1/2 years. Love the car. It has it's quirks and I'm still waiting for the dealer to get the airbag seat sensor in stock to replace it.
Being a creature of habit, I've always used my key fob to lock and unlock the car. When locking the horn beeps in acknowledgement and all is good. It's a day driver and being in close quarters, I typically put my lunch n stuff in the passenger side in the AM before getting in and heading to work. Well, today after work I came out and decided to try the passenger side lock with the key instead of using the fob for some brilliant unknown reason. I never tried it and the key worked, big smile. I pulled up on the handle up and opened the door, The horn started going off and it's really Fn loud... Not good after a long day at work. I pressed the red button and horn stops and all is good. Okay the stress is over and I went to the driver side and pulled on the door handle. It was locked. This is the final assault on me and that's the last time I don't use my fob. Life lesson...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would think you could turn those off if you looked.

I turned off all sounds on my jeep, even the fasten seatbelt chime, it only chirps once if I unfasten before turning it off. I haven't looked this up on the solstice because I like to get compliments on it, so if it chirps and gets someone's attention; I sometimes get a nice car; i'm very shallow sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
I would think you could turn those off if you looked.

I turned off all sounds on my jeep, even the fasten seatbelt chime, it only chirps once if I unfasten before turning it off. I haven't looked this up on the solstice because I like to get compliments on it, so if it chirps and gets someone's attention; I sometimes get a nice car; i'm very shallow sometimes.
The horn he experienced is not the programmable chirp, it is the content alarm that is automatically activated when you lock the doors with the fob. Once activated, opening the doors or the trunk without using the fob will set off the alarm. Pushing a button on the fob or putting the key in the ignition are the only ways to turn it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts