Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this before? A friend e-mailed the images to me without any explanation. :thumbs

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
World's most expensive Volkswagen! :jester Three times the price of a Bentley! Doesn't this have an 800hp W16. I doubt I'll ever see one, even in a museum.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I thought they were throwing around 1000 HP with that W16 motor, but maybe they downgraded it. Nothing wrong with tons of power, but this may be getting beyond the point of practicality! Still very cool!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I thought they were throwing around 1000 HP with that W16 motor, but maybe they downgraded it. Nothing wrong with tons of power, but this may be getting beyond the point of practicality! Still very cool!
Wasn't Cadillac going to make a V16 with similar HP? I remember the Caddie was called the Sixteen and looked way cooler than this thing. Some people will pay a whole lotta money just to get other people to stare at them.

What would you do with a car like that? You can't park it and leave it anywhere except your house. You can't use that horse power with out getting a ride in a squad car. The cops will pull you over just to get a look at it! I know that if you can afford it, then you've got the cash to deal with these problems, but it just seems like a hassle. I guess you can invite friends over to your mansion for wine and cheese to look at it and then drive it on your private race track in the back yard! These are problems I will never have to worry about.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
When I was in high school, had a friend who's dad had a blue '69 Lamboguini Muria. Cost more than my parents house. Kept it in the garage except for trips to Nevada perhaps once a month. He said it got squirrelly over 150MPH. Got to ride in it once (slowly). If I was Bill Gates rich, I'd own one 'cuz I could. Just to hear it run.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
Wasn't Cadillac going to make a V16 with similar HP? I remember the Caddie was called the Sixteen and looked way cooler than this thing. Some people will pay a whole lotta money just to get other people to stare at them.

What would you do with a car like that? You can't park it and leave it anywhere except your house. You can't use that horse power with out getting a ride in a squad car. The cops will pull you over just to get a look at it! I know that if you can afford it, then you've got the cash to deal with these problems, but it just seems like a hassle. I guess you can invite friends over to your mansion for wine and cheese to look at it and then drive it on your private race track in the back yard! These are problems I will never have to worry about.
Cadillac did have a V16 concept vehicle, and for a while there was some serious talk about putting it out. I think they may have compromised on a V12 design, and may produce a V12 sometime in the future, although it is not going to happen tomorrow.

I dunno the exact reason for buying one, but I get the feeling the hassle involved with theft, or where to drive it, has probably been answered for these people with their other cars. They are likely to have a garage full of high priced, fast, exotic cars and know where they can take them, and where they can drive them. I doubt that is a huge concern. A purchase decision has to come down to image and bragging rights. No one needs 1000 HP, and at that amount, I cannot even see it being a big help in many forms of racing. After a certain point, you only liquify the tires. Its got to be to impress people, even if you are only trying to impress the billion dollar neighbor!

I'd take one! :yesnod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts