Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like using my fogs as DRLs; trouble is I can't tell if the indicator light is lit even when cupping my hand over the button. My hazard button broke, it'll turn on but it won't stay on once you pull your finger back so since I gotta get into the boomerang to fix that does anyone know what bulb the fog indicator bulb is, or even better a brighter one to use? Is it just so dim due to age; it seems that it was brighter in the past (or maybe my eyes were better.)?

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I had the same issue with my hazard switch, found a piece broken off inside and jamming the works. Removed it and it's worked fine ever since. Details/pics here: Gentlemen, check your Hazards... (kappaperformance.com)

I assume the fog light switch is the same bulb as the hazard... a tiny incandescent bulb hard-wired in with a colored rubber 'condom' on top. If you are handy, you can replace with a small LED and resistor. Otherwise source a working used one - perhaps @Hoosier GXP has some (?)

·
Premium Member
18,741 Posts
That is a question that can only be answered by viewing the bulb when new and again now. Get a replacement.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I intend to take my switch apart at some point and replace the light. I surmise it is a LED but even better if it's a incandescent bulb because if so any reasonably bright LED will do the job and I have about 20 LEDs of the regular "super bright" type and in 5 colours (including amber) in stock.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well, looks like it's another project for my list. I've been meaning to increase the dog light switch pilot light for quite a while. Will report after I do it. I still have to report on my tail lights mod and the Frankenmirror though 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts