Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i expected the options to come in packages but i am curious about the convenience package. it seems the fog lamps come bundled with other things that i really do not care about. if you were to get a solstice without the convenience package, what would gm do about the fog lamp locations that are molded into the front bumper? a body colored plate?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Since the fogs are integrated into the same lamp housing as the front turn signal lamps, I'd assume you would still have the same light fixture sans the fog bulb. Maybe the turn signal would light the whole fixture too, instead of just half.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I saw a Ford Explorer with plastic plugs where the driving lights shoud have been. They weren't covers, There were just no lights. Looked bad. Maybe the convenience package is where they will make their money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not buying the info that says the fog lamps are only in a package. The turn signal/fog lamp on the Solstice is one integral unit. It is the same unit off the Grand Prix. All Pontiacs currently have fog lamps standard. One of the reasons, as we all know, this car was able to meet the $19,995 MSRP is because they borrowed many parts from other cars. It doesn't make a lot of sense to borrow the turn signal/fog lamp unit from the Grand Prix and then engineer another unit for cars without fog lamps. Unless they are just going to leave the bulbs out of the fixture and use the same fixture...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
AJC said:
If you don't get the Fog lights - what are you going to put in those two BIG holes? :glol:
'dagmars' will fit :yesnod: :yesnod: those 'headlights' on the bumpers of '50s classics. ;) ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I like the Fog Lamps. But I just cant see them costing that much. To try to delete them is piontless?

·
Registered
527 Posts
AJC said:
If you don't get the Fog lights - what are you going to put in those two BIG holes? :glol:
Machine Guns or Rocket Launchers.

If I'm tailgateing you, you should let me pass... :devil:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
Machine Guns or Rocket Launchers.

If I'm tailgateing you, you should let me pass... :devil:
Where are the holes in the back for the oil slick?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Grimace said:
Has anyone tried a photoshop where the foglights are removed from the fascia and smoothed-over? Looks pretty good...
Do you mean turning them into half moons? The turn signals are in the same lenses as the fog lights, so they couldn't remove the whole fixture on a production car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts