Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know this was an old question, not sure if it was ever answered, couldn't find it with a search.

The lower front facia lens is the same with or without the Convenience Package (Fog Lamps).

·
Registered
892 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Know this was an old question, not sure if it was ever answered, couldn't find it with a search.

The lower front facia lens is the same with or without the Convenience Package (Fog Lamps).

I'm interested in this as well. I REALLY didn't want the convenience package or any of that other stuff.

I got my roadster more or less as a stripper.

Power windows, door locks, and mirrors. The upgraded UQ3 stereo (is that the RPO or is that just in my head?), and A/C (well, LSD and ABS too).

Is there a way that I can upgrade my car to HAVE fog lamps without having to have the lame convenience package? I mean, do I simply just need to replace the light fixture behind the bumper?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
82-T/A said:
I'm interested in this as well. I REALLY didn't want the convenience package or any of that other stuff.

I got my roadster more or less as a stripper.

Power windows, door locks, and mirrors. The upgraded UQ3 stereo (is that the RPO or is that just in my head?), and A/C (well, LSD and ABS too).

Is there a way that I can upgrade my car to HAVE fog lamps without having to have the lame convenience package? I mean, do I simply just need to replace the light fixture behind the bumper?
Through parts you can buy the lamp fixtures and the switch, AND you will need a relay. If the wiring harness has the extra leads you are in luck or just tap in near where the fuse would be for the lamps. The spot is probably bare but that can be overcome with a little ingenuity and some wire ends.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Check on eBay... I began a thread a while back about someone selling Solstice foglights on eBay already. Obviously they had come from the Grand Prix, but they will still work in the Solstice. If this is really what you want to do go ahead and get them now before people start marking them up because of the Sol.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Hey, if V6 Mustang owners can add a GT grill(fog lamps) to their car, I see no reason that the Solstice would be any different. :cool:

In fact, I bet it would be cheaper for Pontaic to just wire the cars for Fog lamps than to create an alternate wiring setup for the few non-fog cars. So it might be as simple as hooking up the switch and installing the lamps.

I guess you'll find out! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts