Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain what the lights will look like if you don't get fog lamps.
Will there still be a lamp in the light cavity but not split half Park/turning signal and half fog lamp ?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
Will there still be a lamp in the light cavity but not split half Park/turning signal and half fog lamp ?
That's what I predict. A light the same size and shape as the fog light/blinker but with just one reflector. But I don't know how the daytime running light will be. Might be that these are lit all the time and flash when needed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Didn't the old Firebird use orange DTRL's? Kinda like the lights in the bumper of the sol? (Well, if it was 1 solid color anyways). I beleive it did, IIRC, it had pop up headlights, so they used the turn signals that looked like fog lights as DTRLs.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
DreamerDave said:
But I don't know how the daytime running light will be. Might be that these are lit all the time and flash when needed.
Daytime running lights are operated through the headlamp. Basically your headlamps are on at a lower power, and without the taillights lighting up. At least that is the way they work on my Grand Prix.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dengel said:
Daytime running lights are operated through the headlamp. Basically your headlamps are on at a lower power, and without the taillights lighting up. At least that is the way they work on my Grand Prix.
What year Grand Prix?

Many late model GM vehicles use the turn signal/running lights (orange lights) as DRL's these days, including the late model Grand Prix's. Since the turb signal housings are the ones out of those late model Grand Prix's, I suspect GM will use those as the DRL's on the Solstice too. (Other cars that use the orange lights for DRL's recently from GM, Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, Century, Cobalt, Ion, Intrigue). There are probably others too, but those came quickly to mind. :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Fformula88 said:
What year Grand Prix?
Yeah, it is an older Grand Prix, 1999. It's a great car, and I'm hoping to get it to last another six years, while I pay off the Solstice.

After I posted my reply, I noticed the picture on another post showing the DTRL's in NY. I guess I need to type faster.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dengel said:
Yeah, it is an older Grand Prix, 1999. It's a great car, and I'm hoping to get it to last another six years, while I pay off the Solstice.

After I posted my reply, I noticed the picture on another post showing the DTRL's in NY. I guess I need to type faster.
The Grand Prix's are nice cars. I really liked the body style of the 1999's, and was disappointed when they dropped the 2 door. I am just not much of a 4 door person. No kids! :) (at least none that I am aware of!) :devil: :lol:

Your GP should last a while. Just take care of it. The nicest thing about GM vehicles is that when they do get older and need a few repairs, the parts are generally fairly cheap. At least compared to the imports. I used to own a couple Ford Probes, which had Mazda mechanicals, and parts for those things were outragous!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fog lights

GreatWhiteNorth said:
Can someone explain what the lights will look like if you don't get fog lamps.
Thanks for the info but I have dodged this bullet. I was down @ my dealer today and we can order the convenience package that has the fog lamps without the leather package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts