Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

I think that the Pontiac Solstice's

• Fogs & recessed Reverse Lights are O.K

Votes: 70 87.5%
  • Fogs should be smaller & recessed Reverse Lights should be integrated into tail lamps

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Fogs should be smaller, but recessed Reverse Lights are O.K

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fogs are O.K, but recessed Reverse Lights should be integrated into tail lamps

Votes: 4 5.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people love the large front fascia foglights & rear deeply recessed reverse lights. And others, like me, don't. Vote now & let your voice be heard!

·
Registered
944 Posts
umm, i don't want to go all florida chad crazy on ya, but i don't see a poll. or should we just yell out what we want?

for them!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
silversolstice said:
umm, i don't want to go all florida chad crazy on ya, but i don't see a poll. or should we just yell out what we want?

for them!
Ditto!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
silversolstice said:

for them!
sorry! the poll is up now.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PaulWall said:
sorry! the poll is up now.
And you are currently behind.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Who cares? It's gonna the best looking car on the road regardless.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dori-san said:
Who cares? It's gonna the best looking car on the road regardless.
true but what's the harm in knowing what most people like & dislike?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I like the poll. It is a good way to get feedback on a specific styling feature. We have talked about the styling overall, and some specific features (AFBTS's), but not many others.

I don't mind the turn signals/fogs or reverse lights at all. If they were smaller, I would worry that the Sol would look to blunt nosed on the front. The car does end somewhat abrubtly, but the larger lights help to break up that effect, and give some depth. At least IMO.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I thought the photoshop without fog lamps made the front look too open, and too big... and like a GIANT smiley face. The fog lamps help give function to the front.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
For those who may have missed the Photochops of different foglight options, here it is ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3296

I think the fourth pic is my favorite ... just a little smaller and more centered than the original. I like the brake lights just the way they are and wouldn't want to see them integrated, but varying the size and position of the reverse/signal lights would interest me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone tried any photochopping on the tail end? And are those actually reverse/signal lights? I thought the signal was actually in the tail light, and those were just reverse/reflectors?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
OK ... there was some interest in changing the look of the rear, so here are some test pics. The first is the original pic. I removed the reverse lights completely in the first try and played with the size and placement on the next two. Finally, there's a quick attempt at an integrated look. I didn't care much for that look since it's more like every other car out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Thanks, SlySol, your pics mad me feel even stronger that the original choice is perfect!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
One more pic where I attempted to keep a bit of the recessed look but just shrunk them and moved them in a bit and another with a much smaller set.

None of them really grabbed me either. But I love the overall look of the rear as it is and moving the lights around didn't really seem to make that big of a difference like it did on the front bumper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I've put all the images in the Photochop area, plus Dori's.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
brentil said:
I've put all the images in the Photochop area, plus Dori's.
Cool, thanks ... hopefully the foglight Photochops make it in there too sometime. It'll be interesting to see what kind of options we end up with in the aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SlySol said:
Cool, thanks ... hopefully the foglight Photochops make it in there too sometime. It'll be interesting to see what kind of options we end up with in the aftermarket.
That's because I accidenlty forgot to up them too. :D
They're up now along with some of Piippors old stripe/color test images.

I'm going to sloely go through threads and add images as I find them.

·
497 Posts
Wonderful as is

Thank you for the mock-ups, I enjoy seeing comparisons of what could have been, or may be in the future. However, for me design wise I really love the car exactly as is. I think the design team really spent some time on the Solstice and the results show. I cannot wait to take delivery.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts