Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored today so I started my own retro-fit, and I ended up spending only $65 on parts
$30 on two scalade head lights, and $35 on the turn signals on e-bay. So far it took me two hours.
I haven't finish yet I got to get ready for the Holiday party :yesnod:
Let me know what you think and I will post more pics later when I go to get the car in the garage. The car is located in PA.

I started with this

took the projector out of the housing

cut them in half

and here they are

I'm thinkin on using the small driving light that the scalade has in the lower corners of the head lights for the blinkers.

And with this little light out of the housing it will go on the inside of the fog light

And this is were I stopped. untill after the holidays
All I got left to do is put them in the car :willy:

Happy Holidays to all. :grouphug: :cheers:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looking good! I too want to do a project, in my case headlights. Anxious to see how it all goes for you. Keep us posted and Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Great Idea, I have been wanting to do this too. I cut an assembly apart too, but never got this far. Good work. Any more pice of how you actually mounted them in the housing? Also, which housing did you use. Mine have a horizontal divider in them. Mine are 06's. Maybe yours are later?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great Idea, I have been wanting to do this too. I cut an assembly apart too, but never got this far. Good work. Any more pice of how you actually mounted them in the housing? Also, which housing did you use. Mine have a horizontal divider in them. Mine are 06's. Maybe yours are later?

I'm using the same year 06, but instead of using the housing with the foglights I'm using the one with just the blinker. My 06 came with fogs, and I decided not to use those because the way it looks half fog/half blinker.

If I was going to use this type, I would have to use a small projector.

But I wanted to use a big projector like the ones in the Scalade, so I went with these
turn signals instead.

I just have to figure it out how to adapt a turn signal in there :yesnod:
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Those are some huge projectors, how do they look from the back?
Im gonna try to fit some optilux 1100 fogs into my housing, it'll be a tight fit for sure.
I tried mounting some bosch mini h3 projectors before but they started to burn the plastic housing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today I got to put my blinkers in.

Once i get a chance I'll put them on the car and take a picture.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made an error, the lights are from the 07 caddillac sts.
Here are the final shots.

Don't mind the white looking thing on this picture, but when I put the silicone in there it just was not dry,:( so once it dries I will fix it :yesnod:
This shot is the fog and blinker on.

this one just the foglight on

this one is with just the blinker on

So after all the work with just a few hours 3-4 I'm very pleased with the results :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Wow! :eek:

That looks really really well done. :dthumbs: Awesome job!

Can you take a pic of the car from a little further back?
Wow is right!!! That looks great! Good job dude.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you. Not bad for the first time doing this. Next time I get bored I want to try the headlights, :D but I will try with two projectors on each one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From the back they look like they don't belong there, but you're not going to see once installed. As far as beam pattern,no I forgot to take a shot, but if you look closely to one of the pictures you can see it through the reflection on the paint.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Awesome work aggressiva! You are really talented - and creative. Can't wait to see the headlight project. I may hold off on mine and let you lead the way!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, I keep hearing that there is not enough space in the headlights for two projectors, but if there is a will there is a way, so I will try. It might take me a little while, but i'm sure it can be done.
Thanks for all the positive fedback :cheers:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got a chance today,so I went to see my car and took a beam pattern shot.
Note that I haven't install the HID's yet. And the color band should improve once I install them, but for now it looks really good and the color band is not that bad it gives a yellow color. It's hard to see it in the pics, but is there.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts