Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Thanks Chemist the only way it could be any easier is if JR came to your house and did it for you ..................and he is just the kind of guy who would do it, too.....:yesnod:
Assuming that Cold Beer is involved at some point after the work gets done.
JR,

If and when we meet face to face, I'll buy the drinks, footwell lighting not withstanding. :yesnod: :D

I had hoped to spend a day in Bowling Green in mid-October on my way back from DDMWorks, but the timeing did not work out.

One day in the future, perhaps.

Again, I do thank you for your input on this.

--Chemist

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
:dthumbs: :dthumbs: Excellent addition to the post AztekzRpurty. ............... Now if we could make some of my other ideas this simple :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Thanks, AztekzRpurty. Might just trade you doing this install for me for a ride in the supercharged Solstice in Arkansas. :D Looks good!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
:dthumbs: Awesome AztekzRpurty. Where did you get the LEDs?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hmmm, there was an awful lot of painful knee action required for this one, Chemist.. :)

I'm thinkin' a ride, and a Whatta-Burger in Russellville. ;)
I can go for a Whatta-Burger!

(I'm probably too impatient to wait until Russellville, though. :yesnod:) The ride is yours regardless. :)

BTW, Az, what's the difference among the 50, 60, and 90 degree LEDs?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I can go for a Whatta-Burger!

(I'm probably too impatient to wait until Russellville, though. :yesnod:) The ride is yours regardless. :)

BTW, Az, what's the difference among the 50, 60, and 90 degree LEDs?
You're going to have to wait till Russellville, cause a Russellville Whatta-burger isn't the same thing as a Whataburger. :lol:

I think the degree is the angle of the spread of the beam. The higher the angle the broader the beam.

·
Super Moderator
6,300 Posts
Hoosier GXP : Excellent addition to the post AztekzRpurty. ............... Now if we could make some of my other ideas this simple
And it saved me from having to post more pictures !

Next time, post the idea first. We may make your work a little easier.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
You're going to have to wait till Russellville, cause a Russellville Whatta-burger isn't the same thing as a Whataburger. :lol:

I think the degree is the angle of the spread of the beam. The higher the angle the broader the beam.
Knew that about the "Whatta" vs. the Whata"! :yesnod:

I meant I was too impatient to wait for the LED project. Probably do it next weekend. :D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Installed mine today. Thanks to everyone for the detailed instructions. Especially to JR for the photos they helped ALOT!! Also at the same time rewired my windrestrictor into the driving lights. Wiring it into the rear window defroster was a good ideal at the time but I want it to stay on longer then 30 minutes at a time. :yesnod:

Thanks again for all of the instruction, you guys are the best!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello, I am an idiot when it comes to electricity...

1. I am trying to find the right fuse link (the one you have pictured) - do you have a part number for it? I have gone to the store three times and have gotten three different ones that don't fit.

2. I bought the led strips but don't understand how to wire it - do I connect the two black wires together and black/grey to black/grey and then connect the black grey to the blue connector on the fuse link?

3. Do the black wires connect to the grey wire you identified in the wiring harness?

I know I am clueless, so any help would be appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Sorry Jonymac, just saw your post.

Here is the fuse link I bought at autozone. It has to be the 'mini' size.

As for the wiring, I was stumped for a minute too thinking they would be wired serial, but that doesn't work. You have to connect all the positive wires, (white on my led's), to the blue connector on the fuse link, and all the ground wires, (black on my led's), to the grey wire I identified in the harness.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of the white LEDs I put in my footwells and mirror.

Thanks to all who made this an easy mod to do. It really makes a difference IMO.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I added a couple more strips at the top of the windshield, behind the visors. I found that the lights in the mirror over powered the red on the floor, so I disconnected the gray wire from the mirror and used it to light up the red LEDs up there. Now only the LEDs come on when the doors open/unlock. The map lights only come on when you use the buttons on the mirror. I tried to take some pics, but they didn't come out too good. I'll try again another time.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts