Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed my foot well lights last weekend. Sorry no detail pics.

I'm going to add a Backup mirror/monitor which will do away with the map lights. I want to add overhead pod leds but I havn't found what I want yet.

·
Registered
292 Posts
JohnRR installed them in my SKY R/L
LED.
They look great on your Sol.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
292 Posts
We installed them on the door seal lighting wiring.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
151 Posts
How about some info on exactly where to electrically tap into for footwell lighting, and what led you used? I like the footwell idea for when entering, but would also like lighting behind the seats too, both connected to a dimmer so you can turn off/on and control brightness in footwell & under/behind seats when you are driving. Is it possible to have both?

·
Registered
612 Posts
How about some info on exactly where to electrically tap into for footwell lighting, and what led you used? I like the footwell idea for when entering, but would also like lighting behind the seats too, both connected to a dimmer so you can turn off/on and control brightness in footwell & under/behind seats when you are driving. Is it possible to have both?
Ditto here too!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well here are some pics of mine that I followed using Hoosier GXP's post. I show the exact spot in the BCM and fuse you can tap into. This includes the theater dimming option you get standard. A switch is more problematic because the car assumes you would just click on the map lights under the mirror.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1082652

GODROD
Solo Dio

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yes you can.
You'd have to diode isolate each separate circuit so that the power doesn't feed back through.

You can grab power for the 'door trigger' down at the BCM....see above link for specification.
Then you'd have to put the other circuit on a switch that you installed somewhere else (under the dimmer switch on the dash is a perfect location).

So now you'll have two wire sources, that you'll want to install on a single circuit of light. Look up diode isolation to understand what I'm talking about....but basically, you'll want power going TO the lights from both sources, but diodes will prevent one sources power from going to the other sources power when you don't want it to.

SAVVY??

#DidILoseYouAtDiode?

Here's my interior before I switched to flood LEDs in the footwells

·
Registered
715 Posts
Cartmann do you add in the gauge's too??? That looks sweet.

I just did my foot wells yesterday too.

Sorry for pic not being clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts