Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2007 Pontiac will you please separate the leather seats from the leather wrapped stearing wheel and audio controls. Choosing leather over cloth is the same thing as choosing Pure over Sly. It's just a preference.

The leather wrapped steering wheel with the audio controls is neat, but I don't want to have to suffer with leather seat to get them.

Also could you add a height adjustment for the seats. Keep it manual, and keep it simple.

Anybody else got any wishes?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm young and I haven't seen everything, but is there really manual height adjustment? How does that work? I don't doubt that it exists, just every car with height adjustment I've seen is power.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
I'm young and I haven't seen everything, but is there really manual height adjustment? How does that work? I don't doubt that it exists, just every car with height adjustment I've seen is power.
I just wish I was young, and I have never seen manual height adjustment, either! Oh, and being not young, I doubt it exists (but I was wrong once before).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Rubbing the Bottle with the Genie........

stang said:
For 2007 Pontiac will you please separate the leather seats from the leather wrapped stearing wheel and audio controls. Choosing leather over cloth is the same thing as choosing Pure over Sly. It's just a preference.

The leather wrapped steering wheel with the audio controls is neat, but I don't want to have to suffer with leather seat to get them.

Also could you add a height adjustment for the seats. Keep it manual, and keep it simple.

Wish my car was here! POOF....(said the Genie)....You have two wishes left......OK, wish my car gets here in 2005!.......OK, 2006?..........(NO MORE WISHES)......:lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have ever sat in a VW New Beetle you know what manual height adjustment is. They use a lever that cranks up or down to adjust the seat height.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
stunty3 said:
If you have ever sat in a VW New Beetle you know what manual height adjustment is. They use a lever that cranks up or down to adjust the seat height.
And there we have our answer.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stunty3 said:
New or old? I had a 68 that didn't have anything like that.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir said:
wooden blocks and longer bolts under the rails

·
Registered
106 Posts
achieftain said:
wooden blocks and longer bolts under the rails
That's about as manual as it gets... :leaving:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Fortimir said:
My wife's Hyundai has manual (turn a knob) height and angle adjustments, as well as (release a lever) front to back adjustment. I _believe_ my old 1988 Mercury Tracer (rebadged Mazda 323) had the same (but don't quote me on the latter).

--Chemist

·
Registered
278 Posts
Editguy said:
I just wish I was young, and I have never seen manual height adjustment, either! Oh, and being not young, I doubt it exists (but I was wrong once before).
my 2002 toyota celica has a dial on the side of the seat that will adjust the height of the seat bottom.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
stang said:
These may be just dreaming but.......
1. Offer the dual exhaust as a separate option from the turbo.
2. Add electric door lock switches to the center console or arm rests.
3. Make the rear window able to separate from the roof. Preferably so it can operate vertically up and down. If that's too much of a problem or too expensive, make it so it can be folded back or lifted forward independent of the roof. This would allow it to be either a wind block when the top is down or allow the roof to be up with all glass hidden.
4. Make the third gear ratio similar to what the automatic's is.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yup, my 03 Jetta has them. It's really nice. There's a small lever with a handle on the outside of the seat. It uses a ratchet mechanism so you either pull up or push down on the handle 3 or 4 times and you can move the seat all around.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
produce and deliver my 06 order first.....then I will assess what I will want later!!!!! :leaving:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...no you haven't have you?

Fortimir said:
My 2003 Honda Element EX comes with a manual driver height adjustment knob. You turn it and the seat goes up (or down). Not a new thing at all. I think VW has been making them for decades.
:cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I like the idea of seperating the nice steering wheel from the leather seat package. The wheel with audio controls should be either stand alone, or at least grouped with the upgraded audio system.

GM always seems to have one or two funky option packages for all their vehicles.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes, many foreign cars have the manual height adjustment.
Better seat articulation is a must.

Without having actually SEEN one yet, my other ideas:
-Standard 6-speed tranny for base models.
-Power door lock switches (as previously mentioned).
-Standard padded top.
-Redesign of the trunk (if possible) for extra storage space or even a spare for those who want one.
-Power antenna or incorporate one into the windshield. Arrggh - you beat me to it Stang! :devil:
-Standard, better designed wind deflector.
-COLOR CHOICES!!! Some unique options to befit a unique car. Maybe even options for top color.

Possible options:
-Rally package including extra gauges and, dare I say, racing stripes?! Probably for the turbo only.
-Grille options (chrome, black-out, patterns).
-Custom-fit luggage.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts