Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... I bought this kit but failed to read deep enough to see that you have to remove your engine cover... my goal for this was function but not at the expense of appearance and my nice clean engine bay. All part brand new and only unpacked to inspect contents on arrival. Is finished in Black powder coat and does have the optional Power Steering relocation kit as well. Paid $290 plus shipping last week... hoping to get $200 and I'll cover insured (domestic) shipping costs.

PM me if interested. Packed up and ready to ship.

Help + Thanks!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I just finished installing one on the Demon. The Dejon cover will not fit between either. Also for forum knowledge. If you have an aftermarket hood (RK like me, Norms ram air's, two piece fiber molded, Etc...) the clearance is so tight there are two points along the front line of the brace that touch/rub on the hoods structure cross. Just barely but the contact is visible in the paint. I think a little sand down of the hood at those points will resolve this issue and is thick enough to not loose strength.

The only real option for under the bar is paint or polished valve cover and DDM coil cover, or bare.

Haven't put the bars functionality to the test yet, but install was easy enough and it looks good. I have not installed the PS relocation kit as the one I got second hand (well third hand really), did not have it with it but a slight bend of the stock bracket gave me the placement to have it right under the bar for now until I get around to moving it to a better location.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
So... I bought this kit but failed to read deep enough to see that you have to remove your engine cover... my goal for this was function but not at the expense of appearance and my nice clean engine bay. All part brand new and only unpacked to inspect contents on arrival. Is finished in Black powder coat and does have the optional Power Steering relocation kit as well. Paid $290 plus shipping last week... hoping to get $200 and I'll cover insured (domestic) shipping costs.

PM me if interested. Packed up and ready to ship.

Help + Thanks!
Please called Dave and tell them of the issue.
DDMWORKS has the DDM-LVKFCB-V2 that does not need to have the cover removed.
This product was designed by me and it is now the exclusive of DDMWORKS.
There are about 100 of the original LVKFCB on many Kappas.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Damn i just spent $100 on the LVKFCB would have rather had the DDM crossbrace but at $300 it just wasn't worth the cost, for $200 i would have snapped this up!

Does anyone know if this brace with the LVKFCB will provide any benefits or it that a total waste? I might buy it anyway.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The two braces serve different purposes so yes, you can run them together.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ok, So I've had a few days of driving with the DDM Bay brace installed and I can definately say it is doing something. For a good while I've had a squeek develope when hitting bumps right behind my head where the RMR Style bar and body meet (not where they connect, just touch) and I have yet to have it make any noise after this brace install on the same roads. The reaction of the front end in a quick jerk of the steering wheel feels more confident as well. Haven't jacked up the front end yet so I can't comment on any change in that flex but so far I'm happy with it. At this price, I'd say it's worth a try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still available if anyone is interested... Even though it was not installed, doesn't seem right to try and return to DDM since it was my fault for not researching about the engine cover. Ready to ship today. Make me an offer!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Pm sent. Can you post a pic

·
Registered
3,441 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Wait! Am I missing something? Are you rejoining the fold?
No I wish I was. I'm still building my mini truck. It's a gift for a friend of mine if I can get it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm not surprised. DDM is awesome about stuff like that.
I am pretty sure they charge a restocking fee so lets not go overboard here with the "awesomeness" basically they take it back but you loose out on $80 after shipping both directions and restocking fees. So they still made their money but they didn't have to part with any inventory!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Hopefully he got the new front brace DDM should now have available and did not have to pay any restocking fees.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts