Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I ordered a performance radiator from RPM-Motorsports and it arrived in the mail with some bumps and scuffs. Looks like it wasn't packaged very carefully, unfortunately. I contacted them and they sent me another one pretty quickly, so overall good customer experience with RPM-Motorsports.

Take a look below and let me know if you're interested - asking $200 which is a steep discount.

Window Wood Bag Beige Tints and shades

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Plywood Metal

Wood Tints and shades Hardwood Shotgun Trigger

Gas Machine Wood Cylinder Auto part

Product Fixture Rectangle Gas Wood

Property Furniture Window Rectangle Wood

Picture frame Grille Motor vehicle Building Wood

Gas Wood Engineering Auto part Metal

Picture frame Wood Flooring Gas Automotive exterior

Attachments

· Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
8,336 Posts
@jeffrey
Just like you he is not able to send PMs. so you will have to discuss it in the open forum.

Reactions: jeffrey

· Registered
8,336 Posts
I would only be interested if the payment method is paypal.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey @kgschlosser This thread was temporarily taken down out of concern it was a scam, apparently. Anyways, I have paypal so that is perfectly fine. Also happy to send you a verification image of the radiator at any time if you like. I can add a custom note to a picture or something. It's unfortunate my very first posting was flagged but it is what it is.

· Registered
8,336 Posts
If you knew how many spam attacks occur on a forum that has been around as long as this one has been you would understand why the post was taken down. That is the reason why I want to use PayPal. It offers me protection in the event I send you the money and never receive the item. I am able to reverse the charges. I am sorry for your original post getting flagged, I am not the one that did it and please understand that while it may have been done in error the intention was rightfully placed. We have gotten a lot of "scam" people that have signed up and listed something for sale only to have a person buy said item and never get the item even tho they have paid for it. The seller of the item almost always is a brand new user and it also selling something as an almost too good to be true number.

How much you are selling the radiator for at first glance appears like it might be one of those situations. The big unknown is if the radiator is able to hold pressure or not. of it does then 200 for the damage is a good price. If it doesn't then 200 is more then I would want to spend. I am guessing that you do not have the ability to pressure test the radiator and I would be taking a gamble on this. The other thing is you can clearly see this is damage from shipping. I am sure that you have gotten a refund or full payment has been given by the shipping carrier and that would be a reason for the "too goo to be true" kind of a price. I would ask that you spend more time than RPM did in packaging up the radiator to ship it to me....

I am going to send you a PM and you will be able to answer my PM we can continue the final details on there.

· Administrator
12,384 Posts
Hey @kgschlosser This thread was temporarily taken down out of concern it was a scam, apparently. Anyways, I have paypal so that is perfectly fine. Also happy to send you a verification image of the radiator at any time if you like. I can add a custom note to a picture or something. It's unfortunate my very first posting was flagged but it is what it is.
What is "unfortunate" is when someone shows up on the forum, takes someone's money, and leaves, and your situation rang several alarm bells. The post was reported as "suspicious" due to you never having posted on the forum prior to this as well as Venmo seemingly being a favorite vehicle for scammers. A second report suggested that the pictures had been recycled from an older for-sale thread and the thread was taken down to allow some investigation.

For reference, most of the VerticalScope forums do not allow classified postings, or even access to the sub-forum until a number of posts and several days (the numbers vary) of membership.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks John, totally get it. Those are good rules to abide by and it's unfortunate that this is the time we live in. Learned the hard way with this forum I guess. A couple of notes for you and other mods;

- Having an item to sell is what brought me to the forum in the first place. It would take me months to sell this radiator on Craigslist if I was lucky. I use Venmo as do most of my friends so it's a common avenue of payment/transfer. While I also have Paypal, I use it 1/10 of the times I use Venmo. Lastly, the recycled images notion was a farce. The person making the "second report" did so off what is clearly foggy or totally inaccurate memory. They should perform better due-diligence next time. As a brad-new member and first time poster, not a great start. I do get the paranoia though and can respect it.

Never heard of VericalScope before so I'll have to see what that is all about here shortly. If you had any hand in unfreezing my post earlier, thank you JohnWR. I just got a Solstice last year and have recently started my first round of personal upgrades. This is my first part to sell and exposure to this community to start asking my ownership questions and concerns. I hope the rest of my experiences here goes well for us all =)

· Administrator
12,384 Posts
Thanks John, totally get it. Those are good rules to abide by and it's unfortunate that this is the time we live in. Learned the hard way with this forum I guess. A couple of notes for you and other mods;

- Having an item to sell is what brought me to the forum in the first place. It would take me months to sell this radiator on Craigslist if I was lucky. I use Venmo as do most of my friends so it's a common avenue of payment/transfer. While I also have Paypal, I use it 1/10 of the times I use Venmo. Lastly, the recycled images notion was a farce. The person making the "second report" did so off what is clearly foggy or totally inaccurate memory. They should perform better due-diligence next time. As a brad-new member and first time poster, not a great start. I do get the paranoia though and can respect it.

Never heard of VericalScope before so I'll have to see what that is all about here shortly. If you had any hand in unfreezing my post earlier, thank you JohnWR. I just got a Solstice last year and have recently started my first round of personal upgrades. This is my first part to sell and exposure to this community to start asking my ownership questions and concerns. I hope the rest of my experiences here goes well for us all =)
VerticalScope is the owner of this fotum (and many others) . You will find their name at the bottom of the page.

While incorrect, the memory of a previous For-Sale post wasn't quite a "farce" and you might see some similarities between your post and this one: FS: HAHN Intercooler

So, a belated welcome to the forum, and a suggestion that you go to the New Member area and post an introduction. Everyone also likes to see pictures of your car in it's native habitat.

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,986 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first thread ran afoul of the system.
just as an FYI it seems like we get multiple scam posts a month here so the forum did as it should to protect its members.
Please don't take it personally.

obviously once you have established a presence here these things don't really happen at all.

there are a lot of really helpful people here and it is my favorite internet forum because of its members.
Looking forward to hearing more about your Solstice journey and as John said, we love the pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts