Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Refreshing this thread with a revised title to show what I have left. I have a few Solstice items I no longer need; take a look at the items below and if you are interested send me a PM and make an offer!

Leather wrapped steering wheel, brand new:

Victory red waterfall piece, brand new:

Parking brake assembly: -- SOLD! --

Thanks,

Cokeologist

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can you post an up close pic of the backside of the waterfall piece? My car is red but when I bought my new waterfall they sent black instead and was wondering how to swap them out

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
The trim pieces are heat welded in at about 8-10 pillar points. To remove the old one you can just pry it and break the welds, or better, drill out the welds at the ends of the pillars and then pop it off.

To replace, you can either glue the new one back on (heat glue gun or silicone caulk should work). Or do as I did and drill small holes in the ends of each of the pillars on the trim piece (turns out the longer pillars are actually hollow, so you don't need to drill far) and then use small sheet metal (AKA self-tapping) screws from behind the larger panel to attach it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The trim pieces are heat welded in at about 8-10 pillar points. To remove the old one you can just pry it and break the welds, or better, drill out the welds at the ends of the pillars and then pop it off.

To replace, you can either glue the new one back on (heat glue gun or silicone caulk should work). Or do as I did and drill small holes in the ends of each of the pillars on the trim piece (turns out the longer pillars are actually hollow, so you don't need to drill far) and then use small sheet metal (AKA self-tapping) screws from behind the larger panel to attach it.
Ok thanks!

I'll let ya know coke if I'm interested in the red one, my black one isn't too bad but ill let ya know though.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Is the Steering Wheel still for sale?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts