Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a new or redesigned car comes out, it always amazes me how quickly you see one with a For Sale sign on it. :crazy: Geez, what's the deal? Do people get in over their heads and can't make even the first payment? Do some people just like having something new, with no intention of keeping it long enough to get dirty?

Or can they not find the gas cap?

:brentil:

I hope none of you folks will be unloading your Solstice/Sky as soon as you get it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Cheever3000 said:
:brentil:

I hope none of you folks will be unloading your Solstice/Sky as soon as you get it.
Sometimes it's somebody trying to make a quick buck by buying in one locale at MSRP and then selling where the demand is bring 5K over. Okay for the cash customer and you have to discount the sales tax being paid twice, unless the seller has a legitimate license, although I wouldn't want to be caught with a SOL at list once production catches up with demand.

Game plan with the Sol will be as soon as there is a power upgrade or auto trans offered there will be a few low mile units breaking loose.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Just be glad this hasn't gotten as bad as the USA Elise introduction. Since there were ONLY about 2500 brought to the USA in the first year there were extrmeley long waiting lines at all dealers. Before the cars even arrived some dealers had people backed up for two years worth of production. So you know what people did? They got orders on the lists, and then sold their place in line on ebay. Some went for $5k-$10k+ just for the right to get in line depending on the place. After that you still had to pay for the car, and hope the dealer you're going with doesn't charge over MSRP.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I have a buddy out in CA that had a 'Prancing Horse' on order, waited two (2) years and when it came in, the dealer helped him sell it before he took posession and he then took the $$$'s profit and paid cash for a C5.

Not a bad investment!!

Steve
:nopity:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
At some m/c dealers you pay at least $1k to get in line. When your machine comes in they tell you what color you are getting. If you know somebody not on the list or somebody else wants to move up faster then you just say no thank you for that color choice and get back in at the end of the line. Do this 20 times and your new Solstice is paid for.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The wife asks the same thing about houses for sale in neighbourhoods where the grass isn't even in yet. I think if you sell 20K + of anything someone will lose their job, get transfered or just change their mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts