Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
It appears that dealers are now accepting calls for 2006-2007 cars for ordering parts. Just called in to order mine.

Many thanks go to Canada Post for losing my letters so I had to call GM about it...

·
Registered
305 Posts
It appears that dealers are now accepting calls for 2006-2007 cars for ordering parts. Just called in to order mine.

Many thanks go to Canada Post for losing my letters so I had to call GM about it...
You might be a little hasty with your lost letter comment. The first letters in Canada only went out this week -- I received mine on Tuesday. Second letters have not gone out yet in Canada.

GM Canada's recall letters are a separate process from GM US (different regulations in rare cases, needs to be reviewed by the Canadian legal team, but most importantly the need to translate letters to French for their French-speaking customers).

·
Registered
733 Posts
You might be a little hasty with your lost letter comment. The first letters in Canada only went out this week -- I received mine on Tuesday. Second letters have not gone out yet in Canada.

GM Canada's recall letters are a separate process from GM US (different regulations in rare cases, needs to be reviewed by the Canadian legal team, but most importantly the need to translate letters to French for their French-speaking customers).
It's a little more complex than that. My building was a new construction, they refused to deliver so I had to go directly to the local distribution in Richmond Hill to get my stuff. I just went yesterday and they only found one mail that arrived two weeks ago, when I know there is more. All I get is an angry lady telling me off and ask me to write a letter to the MP.

Fun part is I'm in Markham, and there's another LCD down the street from me, but my mail is not routed there.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Got my letter two days ago. Told me to just use the key with no keychain or FOB. They or my dealership will be in touch when they have the parts. I guess I wait.:devil:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I got my recall notice 2 weeks ago
I went to my local GM dealer today about something else so while I was there service manager told me I need to register my car for the waiting list
They will order the parts and call me when they get them in.
So I did.
That's wasn't my understanding on how the process worked.
So glad I stopped by.

Cheers🇬🇧

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,372 Posts
I got my recall notice 2 weeks ago
I went to my local GM dealer today about something else so while I was there service manager told me I need to register my car for the waiting list
They will order the parts and call me when they get them in.
So I did.
That's wasn't my understanding on how the process worked.
So glad I stopped by.

Cheers����
Each dealer may handle this part of the recall differently from the way other dealers handle it.

This is the same way my dealer is handling it.

YMMV

·
Registered
733 Posts
So I'm reading that GM is having trouble getting the switches from Delphi, only like 47k switches this month.

Wonder if that's going to impact this year's cruise season?

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I got in touch with my dealer today. They are ordering the part and will let me know when they have it and are ready to install.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine is apparently on order as well. Dealer made a point of telling me if it's ordered by one dealer, cannot then be ordered by another as it is tied to VIN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts