Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would put out there some information that is fairly commonplace. So don't get mad if you know this already.

For those of you unhappy with your dealer, but feeling stuck because you love the car, DON'T forget about the "GM completely satisfied delivery process" survey you will recieve in the mail after delivery of your Solstice.

I am certainly not saying to trash the dealer, even if they do deserve it, but it might be a good way for GM to look at things and say "Wow, that many people are pissed off about the way that their dealer treated them? Maybe we should do something about this....."

Any other dealers on the forum feel free to pipe in here and call me down....

But I get so upset when I hear stories like I heard today. Dealer calls and says "Your car is about two months away, but I have a first 1k car here for 5 grand over MSRP you can have today!"

that is crap, IMHO. I believe that GM must take hold of their dealers, or I will be out of a Job soon, or working for Toyota. Can you hear me Mr. Lutz? You are going to loose the good guys if you don't put a stop to all the bad guys.

And don't give me that "GM has no control over individual dealers" crap either.

A GM rep. threatened to pull all of our Brands this year cause we put the GM logo in our dealership name. said we couldn't do that, and we had five days to change our signs, or they would pull our franchise. We are an honest, reputable dealer with a four line store, but GM can't do anything about the literally hundreds of dealers raping GM's Customers?

In the word's of John Stossel "Give me a Break!"

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got off on a tangent there....

back to the point, if you are buying your car from a dealer you hate, or strongly dislike, make sure you point that out in your survey.

If they charged you over MSRP, put that in the survey. If they made you sing too-rah loo-rah naked on the show room before they would give you your keys.......send me pictures.....And put it in the survey.

Call GM, call Pontiac, Call Ford, don't stop until someone hears you!!! You are the buyer's, YOU ARE THE MARKET!!!! Without you all, GM is dead in the water.

Comments? I think this is the strongest statement I have ever posted....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cricket Speaks the Truth.....

Cricket,

You are 100% correct. Most dealers are honest and straight forward. It's the ones that will sell there souls to the devil that frustrate me. It is very important to develop a solid customer base built on trust and integrity. I work in Advertising and Marketing. My customers are the reason I have a successful business. It's time for all dealers to understand the simple principal of REPEAT BUSINESS and REFERRALS. People want to do repeat business and want to refer friends and family toward positive transactions. It only happens when the experience as a whole was rewarding! :yesnod:

·
Registered
401 Posts
:agree:

And if they are a good dealerselling at MSRP say that!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
POTFH said:
:agree:

And if they are a good dealerselling at MSRP say that!

Excellent point! If your dealer has sat back and watched all the other dealers price gouge, and still had the integrity to sell you the car for what it should sell for, please let GM know.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Kudos to you Cricket. You are a breath of fresh air in the world of stale, contaminated BS. If there were more people in the auto sales world like you, there would be much happier drivers across the nation. :cheers:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
solkool said:
Kudos to you Cricket. You are a breath of fresh air in the world of stale, contaminated BS. If there were more people in the auto sales world like you, there would be much happier drivers across the nation. :cheers:

And a much needed revival at GM. Thank you, my grandpa is a Preacher, so sometimes I get on the soapbox.....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks for your openness about the problems with a few dealers. Hopefully those that have experienced an unpleasant, or worse, situation with their dealer will voice it with the questionaire. I think we will see quite a few dealerships come up for sale in the future. Those few that think they need to make a living on a few customers will not have a customer base that grows. Word of mouth makes or breaks many businesses.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
cadillacricket said:
For those of you unhappy with your dealer, but feeling stuck because you love the car, DON'T forget about the "GM completely satisfied delivery process" survey you will recieve in the mail after delivery of your Solstice.
As I've mentioned before - my wife used to work for Pontiac customer service. These customer surveys carry a lot of weight - if your dealer screwed you, this is your chance to swing back!

I would suggest, however, that if your only problem is that it took 9-months for you to get your Solstice - the fault really lies with GM, not the dealer (unless he led you to believe he could get it quickly)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MAKsys said:
As I've mentioned before - my wife used to work for Pontiac customer service. These customer surveys carry a lot of weight - if your dealer screwed you, this is your chance to swing back!

I would suggest, however, that if your only problem is that it took 9-months for you to get your Solstice - the fault really lies with GM, not the dealer (unless he led you to believe he could get it quickly)

Thank you for mentioning that. I try not to tell anyone what to do, but I would assume everyone here would act with intelligence and realize who is at fault if there is some kind of problem wit hyour particular car.

That would also kinda mean no telling GM off in general in the survey if you DIDN't have a problem with the car...

Thank you Maksys...

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's too bad some dealers are behaving as they are. I had a good experience when I bought my first car from the dealer I got the Solstice from and so I wasnt too worried about getting my Solstice there too. They sold me the car at MSRP and have been very patient with me bugging them about delivery. I like the GM and especially the Pontiacs Ive own and would like GM and Lutz to be successful so they keep building the kind of cars that I want to own without giving up quality.

My dealer was very particular about my satisfaction so they could keep their good service reputation and rating, which I feel was deserved. I hope CC is right about the surveys carrying the kind of weight they do. I would anticipate GM expects some bad behavior it cant control. But if the overall treatment of buyers is bad, then that will really hurt them in winning over people who wouldnt consider a "domestic" because of their perceptions about "foreign" being better value and are coming into dealers because the Solstice is an attention getter. This car means more than just money in dealers pockets with gauging. It could mean better competition for them in the long run if they dont sabotage their reputation just to make a quick buck because of some misguided perception on the sales staff's part that they are entitled to take advantage of the situation and the EOP cars.

Positive survey results are important. Thanks for all youve done CC.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is my experience that you never present a problem without presenting a plausable solution....

Problem.....

Dealer's price gouging.... We will start with that and avoid the other things some dealers do.....

Solution....

GM sets up hotline for dealer price gouging...or a prompt on their customer service line... And investigates all price gouging on GM cars. I don' understand why GM can't take better control of what vehicles sell for.

anybody have an answer for that one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Speaking of the survey...let me tell you first...even though I work for Saturn, our surveys now match those of the rest of GM (as far as I know). On the survey, you are asked about different things...the facility, the sales consultant, the finance process, etc. BUT, if you are not completely satisfied with your experience (even if your interaction with me had nothing to do with your being unhappy) the person it hurts most is just me. The sales consultant. I am not saying you should sugar coat a survey. I am saying that you should address a specific issue where it will get the most attention. If you are seriously p-o'd at the dealer's behavior, call the manufacturer or the customer service center. I don't know about the rest of GM, but if a complaint gets beyond the facility to the "higher ups"...well, lets just say it can make for VERY unhappy managers. If you are happy with your sales person, but unhappy with something else, let the sales person have the good survey they deserve. GM DOES listen...just sometimes you have to repeat yourself, or shout... :lol:
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Know just what you mean Jill. I am a pontiac Salesman, and feel the effect, good or bad, of the surveys every week. I still advise that you be completely honest on the survey, and if you, Jill, overcharged me for a Relay, I would report it on the survey. Thank you for your reply, once again you are totally correct, just a minor adjustment in thinking. This post was for people who are unhappy with their dealer. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the mis-understanding...but you made me think of another question. We sell from sticker, period. If we over charge, we are in violation of our dealer (or market area) agreement. Since the rest of GM (before GMS) does not sell that way, is selling the Solstice at MSRP something you had to agree to before you could order them?

The reason I read this forum is to see what is happening with new Solstice owners so I can be prepared for my new SKY owners. It helps to know what issues have come up, how they are resolved, and the input from the folks here is pretty terrific. Saturn has never had a response to a new car like we are getting from the SKY. It helps to know what people expect, and/or want. We had a saying when I used to write software. The customer would tell us "it's just what I asked for, but not what I wanted!" I want to give folks what they asked for AND what they expect.
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's fantastic.!! If you need any specific advice, my email is [email protected]

I think that the msrp idea is great. I see invoices and how they work, and I think the best solution is to lower standard vehicle prices, and lower dealer profits, but insist they sell at sticker, no more no less.

When you walk into the dealership, all you have to know is what rebate they have available, and make it a small one. Take the guesswork out of the equation all together for the buyer.

I remember not too long ago when salesmen were calling everyone they knew cause a GMC truck had a $1000 rebate. Right now it is 2500-3000 AND employee price......

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Cricket
I've been with the same Pontiac-Buick- GMC dealer since the late '80's and they value repeat business. When the original pink copy of the sales agreement was handed to me it had "MSRP" written right on it.
They have also printed out what I call a pre-production invoice that states exactly what I will pay ($24,180.00 before tax title etc)

Maybe I've been lucky because the staff knows me. Some of the forum members are dealing with a dealership for the first time and they are getting hosed. The only way to react to that is the survey.

Hope no one muzzles you like it is rumored they have done to GMlinedog.
Without your valued input there would be beaucoup more rants out there.

I've given up hoping for 05 delivery and i'm just a First Allocation. I feel for C5 and mssleeper and the others.

If there was any one thing that I'd like from the Pontiac Team right now it is Honesty. Are you listening Bob & Lori.

In all my years I've never seen anything like this in the automotive industry.
You hype and hype a car. You "Trump" it last April...but then it all goes south.
When is the last time 20,000 people ordered a car they had never touched.
The frustration level is getting out of hand- especially for the F1K's

Don't you newbies start your "quit your whining" crap. There are serious issues here and most eminate from Detroit. People need to vent.

I wrote a letter to Lori back in early August and got lambasted for it...but shortly thereafter Pontiac made a blog statement.

Who can get us Lori's e-mail address. Let's mass mail her.

As I said before...all we all want is HONESTY.

This didn't start out as a rant. :brentil: :cuss: ..just happened that way.

Think I'll put this out on a new thread titled "Let's e-mail Lori"

peace in the valley

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
druid-2 said:
Cricket
Hope no one muzzles you like it is rumored they have done to GMlinedog.
Without your valued input there would be beaucoup more rants out there.
I hesitate to say that there are only two ways to muzzle me.

1. Do what I ask.

2. Fire me!

Either way, no loveloss here. I could do this job anywhere, I just really like GM products! Toyota would be glad to have me, but I prefer GM!

Let's all send a letter to Lori!!

Unfortunately hear footsteps behind me just a little too late......

mrpf.....gromkilumpt....!!!! (translation: Someone take this muzzle off of me!)

Needless to say, if they shut me up, you will all still know about it, I wouldn't let it rest until I got an official statement from Mr. Lutz himself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts