Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listening to a Detroit radio station on-line yesterday I heard a news story that the new Bronco was being revealed 7/13/20 at 8 p.m. The original reveal date was scheduled to be July 9th . . . until they realized that was O.J. Simpsons birthday.

·
Super Moderator
7,301 Posts
That would have been amusing, especially if it was white.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Well...they managed to screw up another vehicle nameplate. While I love the 2 door and 4 door, I'm very confused by what segment the Sport is trying to be in. Don't they already have an Escape in that category? It literally looks like the Sport is a neglected step child of the Bronco nameplate. It doesn't fit with the other 2. Why give the Sport the Bronco name when it's clearly an Escape with a Bronco front end? It's like telling owners of Corvettes that they can now buy a Corvette pickup....or better yet, the Mustang Mach E. As far as I see it, rather then standing on great, new innovative products, they're relying on nameplates to save or help out their new vehicle lines. They could have very easily moved the Sport to the Escape line and would have had a MUCH better result. Not sure who's making their decisions lately, but it's time to go.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the sport version was a head scratcher for me too. Trying to get people that wouldn't buy an Escape because it was called an Escape but might buy an Escape because it's called a "Bronco" now?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
if it's able to compete with the jeep it doesn't make any difference what they call it...

Bill

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Because I'm a cynic I don't believe Ford marketing picked the OJ date by accident because they managed to get a lot of free press out of it. The Bronco looks to be brilliant engineered truck, very innovative, retro & modern at the same time. I've watched several vids of it, this looks to be a Wrangler killer. Rumored starting price for 2 door, 4 cylinder model is $30,000.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Yes, the Sport (Escape) starts at $29,997 with a 2.0L eccoboost. The actual Bronco 2 door and 4 door start at $33,000 and $37,000 respectively i believe. And the 4 door has an engine choice of the 2.3L eccoboost or the 2.7L eccoboost and with the 2.3L comes a choice of transmissions. Either the new 10 speed auto or a 7 speed manual with crawler gear. Not sure about the 2.7L transmission choices.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I am hoping Toyota figures a way to bring back the FJC in the future. I have enjoyed mine now for 14 years. Recently the wife bought a Ranger FX4. Nice truck, plenty of power,10 transmission does incredible things, but the truck is not a serious off road vehicle, or at least one I would choose over my FJ. I imagine the Bronco would have the same handling characteristics and features that the FX4 has. Anxious to look at it when it hits the local dealership though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts