Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
At least it's only one part on only 450 cars. Much better then all the tires on several hundred thousand SUV's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Curious info:
Of 448 vehicles affected by the recall, 111 are in the hands of private owners.
Where are the other 337 cars? Are there that many GM executives?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Curious info: Where are the other 337 cars? Are there that many GM executives?
"The remaining cars are at dealerships or the assembly site in Wixom."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Oops, missed that line. Still, seems like a larger number than I expected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
I think that the only fair thing to do is give the customers that already have cars, completely new cars, and get rid of the ones that are defective rather than a recall. I would personaly volunteer to handle disposal of the affected cars! :jester
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Might be a good time to up the life insurance on the old ball and chain to $1 Million. "Oh honey, do you want to test drive the GT?" :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jimbo said:
Might be a good time to up the life insurance on the old ball and chain to $1 Million. "Oh honey, do you want to test drive the GT?" :D
Go ahead Dear "Just drive it like you stole it, and don't worry if the front end starts to shake." :D Remember it's a Ford, an expensive one, but still a Ford!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Curious info: Where are the other 337 cars? Are there that many GM executives?
LOL, I know you probably meant Ford executives, :smash but I got a good laugh out of this anyway! Instead of building their own super-car, GM just went down the road and bought up Ford’s super-car instead! :glol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
GM is probably thier "un-named" suspension component supplier! Hmmm.... very clever! Sell them all the old Saturn Vue parts.:skep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Have you ever noticed, if you took an Aztec, chopped a foot off the top and sectioned two feet out of the body, it'd bear a striking resemblance to a GT?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
AeroDave said:
GM is probably thier "un-named" suspension component supplier! Hmmm.... very clever! Sell them all the old Saturn Vue parts.:skep

That's ironic, since (I'm pretty sure) the Vue's rear suspension is actually supplied by... get this...

Visteon!!!

:lol :thumbs ;)
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
That's ironic, since (I'm pretty sure) the Vue's rear suspension is actually supplied by... get this...

Visteon!!!

:lol :thumbs ;)
Visteon is a spun-off supplier from Ford, is it not? If so... :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Have you ever noticed, if you took an Aztec, chopped a foot off the top and sectioned two feet out of the body, it'd bear a striking resemblance to a GT?

Errr... No, but let me get out the air chisel and plasma torch and see if I can turn it into one. ;)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top