Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the poll on www.fortune.com for GM's new cars for 2006 (hot or not); every car was poo-pooed except for one (and no you don't get three guesses). The poll was 84% hot and 16% not (with my hot vote counted in of course :) )

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
That was fun. Like a "Best Looking Baby" contest. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
solli4me said:
That was fun. Like a "Best Looking Baby" contest. ;)

Disclaimer: This poll is unscientific, and is meant solely for the entertainment of Fortune.com readers.

Is the "solely" subliminal advertising ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I'm kinda dissappointed that the G6c & vert didn't get better ratings. I vote all 3 Pontiacs as HOT and everything else as NOT. Perhaps I'm a true-blue Pontiac biased guy now! :D But seriously, I've never been a huge American car fan so it's a sign that it's REALLY good if it's American and I like it! But the G6 is a pretty sweet car IMO.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I want to know what is up with the 16% who said the Solstice isn't hot!

·
Registered
70 Posts
G6 convertible

I really like the way the new G6 looks. I think it will catch on. I see I am in the minority of respoders to this poll. I thought they should have at least put the top down on the convertible.

My credentials: I liked the 1985 taurus when everyone else called it a bubble car. I liked the caddy CTS, when most people said it was too angular.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The ratings have gone up since the link was posted here, most of them have a 30% hot rating now compared to 15%.

What ticks me off is the G6 Convertible gets a 30% hot rating. If they had the same poll but had a picture of the Toyota Solara Convertible (which the G6 looks almost exactly like) I'm betting it would get a high rating just for being Toyota. :brentil:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm surprised the G6 coupe and vert aren't looked upon more favorably either. Actually, I think the Cadillac and HHR are pretty good looking cars, too.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think this poll illustratres GM's problems. The "hot new", "just you wait and see" cars that are supposed to save GM from bankruptcy really aren't that great, with the exception of the Solstice. They aren't any worse than the competition to be sure, but when you're fighting for your survival, you need to be better than just ok. Besides the Solstice, which one of those cars made you go "Wow, I really want one of those!"? Everybody grab a bucket, we're gunna be bailing out the General.

·
Registered
132 Posts
:agree: AeroDave. That was pretty depressing. I'd go further and say GM (Solstice excepted) is doing far worse than it's competition: Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Mustang, etc. GM has a hit with the Solstice but how long will they introduce so many yawners behind a hollow splash?

·
Registered
230 Posts
All I have to say is that those are some of the crappiest angles of those cars I've seen... It almost seems like they're trying to get people dissapointed in the cars by the way the angles are done.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
HOT: 88.7%
NOT: 11.3%

It's a blow-out compared to everything else, and although not scientific... it's pretty accurate because EVERY person is comparing EVERY GM car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts