Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be the wrong place to put this, but I'm not sure where to post it....

I'd be interested in having another category of postings added to the forum's home page called "Owner Experiences" (of some other name). In that section, members would create postings from their earliest experiences with the Solstice (pre-order, order, delivery) to their actual driving experiences. This new section would not be discussion threads, but really be closer to blogs.

I think that over time, this section would be an interesting read (for us and GM) as we could easily follow an owner's experience from begining to end.

Solsticeman, what do you think? Others, opinions?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sounds like a nice idea!

There was a thread a while back about a number of different sections that may be added. Hey SM, any idea when we might see some of that planned expansion? I know Troy has to get around to doing it.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Troy and I have talked about having a "Mods" section, and an "Ownership" section for exactly the purpose you described, Luc.

Some of the expansion has been done with skyroadster, I think Troy may be waiting just a bit before expanding the rest of the forums.

It becomes a balance game - too many forums and you can't find anything of use, too few and you can't find anything of use. The number of subforums has to be a function of the number of participants, too.

I'd be willing to speculate that Troy is waiting until the number of members has a big "burst" - which is what I'm sure will happen when people actually start recieving their Solstices.

We're still at under 1000 members, and a core of only about 30-50 regularly participating members.

Not a very specific answer, but I'd bet by may we'll see an ownership section and the beginnings of a mod section. Maybe by July-Aug, the tech help section... just talking off the top of my head at this point...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, as the forum sections grow, and as the memeber base grows it's going to start requiring even more MODS as well too to ensure things run fine. I know several other forums where entire single sections have several mods dedicated to just keeping up with those sections.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Hopefully we won't need multiple mods for each section! As long as our members can keep it civil and post in the right spots it shouldn't be too bad! Although, more mods is inevitable... unless Solsticeman can get on the forum 24/7! :glol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Civility is the reason this forum and the Sky forum are such great places for us to spend all our free time. We even keep our sigs to a minium, not like C&G where the pictures of cars in many signatures are 10 times larger than the message.

One section that may want to be developed would be for supporting dealers if we ever get them all properly ensconced. Another would be for owner classifieds, once the second generation comes out and 1000 people feel the need to upgrade.

I don't know how Solsticeman does it, being a double super moderator, posting stuff under his alter ego at fastlane, and even admitting to having time to read the WSJ http://fastlane.gmblogs.com :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
I love it when Bob rips into the news journals!!!
LOL, I find this statement from Bob hilarious!

Bob Lutz said:
Now, I am not one to quarrel with any writer’s subjective interpretations or opinions
Rumor has it that Bob Lutz has called journalists on the phone on more than one occasion over his career and tore them a new one for giving his company's cars reviews he felt were unfair! :glol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts