Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to float this idea to the Troy and forum. We have been seeing a fairly steady influx of new members who are all curious about the same basic questions, and I have noticed some of our veteran members have been getting tired of posting the same answers (it does become tedious). Once the Solstice is ready to hit the market, I am sure we will suddenly become inundated by new members all asking the same questions.

On some forums I have seen a specific forum category for new members and was thinking it might work well for us too. Essentially, a new member who is curious on basic questions would be directed to the New Memebers forum where he/she could introduce themselves and ask any general questions they are curious about regarding Solstice dimensions, specifications, engine/transmission options, etc. The forum would also have prominent links to FAQ pages containing the answers to them.

If a veteran member didn’t want to write out whole answers that were contained in the faq, they could simply welcome the new member to the forum and direct them to the faq on the page to get their answer. More specific questions could be answered.

Hopefully it would keep repetitive questions about the availability of a supercharged/turbocharged engine, or an auto transmission, or other similar questions out of the general Solstice forum reserving that forum for more in depth and specific stuff that has not been answered before or needs revisiting.

My hope would be to keep the easy newbie questions in one forum and prevent them from cluttering up other forums. I am sure it wouldn’t be perfect, but it could help. Any thoughts, ideas, opinions?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sounds good.

As someone else suggested as we grow in size maybe moderators in some of these forums as well.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mceb said:
Sounds good.

As someone else suggested as we grow in size maybe moderators in some of these forums as well.
I think adding moderators to help sort the clutter is likely a given. (although I do not know what Troy is planning to do).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I think Fformula88's idea of a newbie forum is a great idea. I'm willing to go answer questions, and point to previous conversations in an area like that. It's just when people post off topic in specific forums, and ask questions that are already asked just a couple threads below that it bothers me.

As we've seen over the last month, there seem to be a lot more individuals coming and joining the forums and posting. Probably after SEMA and a couple more shows with the Solstice really being shown off we'll get a massive deluge of new members.

·
Registered
151 Posts
this is a good idea, it would also be smart to throw the faq up top as a sticky, as well as put it in all the other forums just to push it on anyone not wanting to go to the "newbie" forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts