Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would like to be able to keep track of the threads I have posted in without getting any e-mails about it

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I would like to be able to keep track of the threads I have posted in without getting any e-mails about it
Try the following. There is a button labeled "My Recent Topics" that will bring up a limited list of the topics you have recently posted in. You'll immediately be able to tell which have new posts. Another way is to click on your username in any thread and select "view more posts by user" That will get you a list of your posts, something you cannot do from UserCP. HTH

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Thanks for the clarification. It's just sometimes it seems as a whole the moderation staff gets slammed for something we do for free, with absolutely no training, to try to better the community that we came from as members. It just makes the job hard sometimes when we pour hours of our free time into something to try to make it better and enjoyable for all that we get berated sometimes over mistakes we make. We were given guidelines by Troy, the site owner, and we try to do our best to implement his policies along with making the forum as enjoyable and friendly for members and supporter as possibly.
I am quite happy with the quality of the moderation.

I expect to be rebuked or admonished (as I have been ) when i stray out-of-line.
Moderators are people too...they all have their own personalities...some are liberal...some are conservative...some have a very good sense of humor and some can be no-nonsense straight-arrows...yet they have to temper their personalities to the needs of the greater community and i think they do it quite well. That said...

WEATHER

in recent memory (and I'm in NE Ohio) I can't remember a more brutal December in a long long time...I'm thinking around 1990 maybe. Anyone else share my sentiments. We are not officially into winter yet. first 7 days of December we had over 7 inches of snow..then a little mild spell...then this past weekend a blizzard...AND it's only the 17th.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think the ability to PM more than one person at a time would be valuable. Especially when you are planning a run or event and trying to get specifics out. Pain to PM each person.

Any chance of a place for Solstices similar to the IMSATURN.com site. Give each of us a place to post personal things as well as pics on our cars and such. :cool:

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
I think the ability to PM more than one person at a time would be valuable. Especially when you are planning a run or event and trying to get specifics out. Pain to PM each person.

Any chance of a place for Solstices similar to the IMSATURN.com site. Give each of us a place to post personal things as well as pics on our cars and such. :cool:
The ability to PM more than one person is available to Supporting Members at all levels:
Solsticeforum Supporting Member Program

Also ... IMSATURN was done by Saturn not the owners of this site or SkyRoadster.

There is PontiacUnderground.com but the best of my knowledge there is nothing similar to IMSATURN.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
How long before I become a supporting member? I paid paypal on 6/3/08. How will I know?

Below is part of e-mail i recieved back from paypal on 6/3/08
(This email confirms that you have paid AutoForums.com, Inc. $100.00 USD using PayPal.)

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
How long before I become a supporting member? I paid paypal on 6/3/08. How will I know?

Below is part of e-mail i recieved back from paypal on 6/3/08
(This email confirms that you have paid AutoForums.com, Inc. $100.00 USD using PayPal.)
I'll forward this along to the Admin.

Someone else was having issues also .... I'll try and get a "fire built".

Sorry for your inconvenience! :sorry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
is this thread still open?

I'd like to ask a question.

I have seen many threads where people are trying to sell their cars
but they are like all over the place....not grouped together

Is there a single thread anywhere that lists all FSBO cars?

Thank you

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
is this thread still open?

I'd like to ask a question.

I have seen many threads where people are trying to sell their cars
but they are like all over the place....not grouped together

Is there a single thread anywhere that lists all FSBO cars?

Thank you
For Sale should be listed in Solstices and Parts for Sale/Want to Buy (incl other vehicles) section of the forum.

Sometimes people may not search out the correct place to post a listing, they may post it in a regional area, or even in a general topic are, or all of the above at the same time.

How you see the threads will depend on how you view what is happening here. If you click on the "New Posts" in the above menu you will see the messages no matter where they were posted. If you are seeing it because you went down the chain in another area of the forum it is probably because the poster listed it in multiple areas hoping more people will see the listing.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
i would like to reiterate my question about a mobile version of the site. the constant loading that this page does each time you load drains the iphone like no other site.

cadillacforums.com has an excellent mobile version.

is this a possibility?

jeff

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
i would like to reiterate my question about a mobile version of the site. the constant loading that this page does each time you load drains the iphone like no other site.

cadillacforums.com has an excellent mobile version.

is this a possibility?

jeff
This has been presented to the owners of the forum at least 2 times, most recently just a couple of months ago. Their reply was "it is on our list to do" but not time frame was given as to when it could be expected.

BTW .... site loads very quickly on my Nokia E63. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Oh no you di-ent. Trying to start a nokia/apple flame war? Just kidding.

So define fast? I mean mine loads ok but it is that whole loading with the sponsor stuff in the center that keeps it from being near instantaneous. A mobile version is usually loads instantly with an ad or two and the text lists of the threads. To be honest the website loads slowly at home too. I am not familiar enough with web programming ro know if it is loading a java applet it flash or something but it's doing something. It would be nice to forgo that on a battery device since that runs the radio longer than need be.

It's my experience in life that if it doesn't have a timeline, then it's not really on the to do list. But thanks for voicing it to them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
posters.........keep it clean and cool...no flaming...nothing personal
I have one; Do something about this :spam: thing.

I'm STILL waiting to get my account passed pending!

I registered when I first started thinking about purchasing a Solstice. I've almost completed the purchasing process and I'm STILL waiting review.

:(

I mean really, isn't the captcha enough? Do you REALLY need to require everyone to pass not only e-mail registration, two versions of captcha, but ALSO require that EVERY newly registered member pass review as well before they can even LOOK at profile options??

It just seems REALLY :beatdead:.

-Lucky

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
I have one; Do something about this :spam: thing.

I'm STILL waiting to get my account passed pending!

I registered when I first started thinking about purchasing a Solstice. I've almost completed the purchasing process and I'm STILL waiting review.

:(

I mean really, isn't the captcha enough? Do you REALLY need to require everyone to pass not only e-mail registration, two versions of captcha, but ALSO require that EVERY newly registered member pass review as well before they can even LOOK at profile options??

It just seems REALLY :beatdead:.

-Lucky
Sorry it took a couple of days to get you approved .. and no, the captcha is NOT enough these days to catch the spammers. You'd be surprised at the tricks they are using these days to get approved. This is what the forum owners want in order to protect the membership. :dunno:

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You'd be surprised at the tricks they are using these days to get approved. This is what the forum owners want in order to protect the membership.
Oh trust me, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just surprised to see that for an automotive forum. I wouldn't think them to be the most profitable... Most important though, is what works. I just couldn't believe that the Pontiac is already parked in the driveway, and I'm just now passed pending. :(

Ah well. Thanks for the welcome! :party::party::party:

By the way, I created a post prior to my approval, and I noticed I can't find it anywhere. Did the forum eat it, or should I re-post?

Thanks,
-Lucky Fox

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
By the way, I created a post prior to my approval, and I noticed I can't find it anywhere. Did the forum eat it, or should I re-post?

Thanks,
-Lucky Fox
Found that post and it has been approved too - again, sorry for the delay.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Captcha is definitely not enough anymore because now spammers pay college kids to type them in manually. They get a batch of like 1000 requests and get paid to go through and fill them out for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Post for sale item?

I can't seem to find how I can post a for sale item. I have a like new Solstice cover, black in color GM part # 19172066 in original box. HELP!
Thanks

121 - 139 of 139 Posts