Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is SCJ and I'm a Solstice newbie......

I just bought my garage queen (a 2006, 5 speed w/ charcoal grey (SLY) exterior and black/grey top/interior and only 16,500 miles). While I'm not looking to make any major modifications, I do think it needs a little tweaking. IMHO, the back end needs a lip spoiler (similar to what was available on later models). The frontend is desperate to have the grills recessed or at least blacked out...has anyone gone DIY on this project? Last but not least, a practical cup holder.....the factory locations/options are a joke! Anyone out there have a favorite aftermarket Solstice specific company/website?

Thanks

SCJ

·
Super Moderator
7,151 Posts

I just bought my garage queen (a 2016, 5 speed w/ charcoal grey (SLY) exterior and black/grey top/interior and only 16,500 miles). While I'm not looking to make any major modifications, I do think it needs a little tweaking. IMHO, the back end needs a lip spoiler (similar to what was available on later models). The frontend is desperate to have the grills recessed or at least blacked out...has anyone gone DIY on this project? Last but not least, a practical cup holder.....the factory locations/options are a joke! Anyone out there have a favorite aftermarket Solstice specific company/website?

Thanks

SCJ
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting one of the very, very few 2016 Solstices, there weren't many made that year!

Most modifications that can be made probably have been, and a search through the forum will find a multitude of threads about all of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a reliable and nice looking cupholder try SANTANA.

Norms fiberglass for nice front and rear fascias.

2016??

Pic of my DIY recessed grilles
Doh......2006, but don't see anyway to correct the typo....so I'm going w/ 2016. LOL

That is exactly what I'm talking about do tell!

SCJ

·
Super Moderator
7,151 Posts
Doh......2006, but don't see anyway to correct the typo....so I'm going w/ 2016. LOL

That is exactly what I'm talking about do tell!

SCJ
Now that we have had our fun I edited your post to correct the date. You are supposed to be able to edit your own posts, but there has been some trouble with that feature. Click on the three-dot symbol at the top right of the post and see if an "Edit" option shows up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that we have had our fun I edited your post to correct the date. You are supposed to be able to edit your own posts, but there has been some trouble with that feature. Click on the three-dot symbol at the top right of the post and see if an "Edit" option shows up.

Nope, already tried that as another board I'm on (slot car related) has this same type look.

SCJ

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Beautiful ride... welcome to the forum! :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
When you find a low-mileage one it sure can feel like it’s from 2016. My 09 GXP manual coupe has 4,200 miles on it...still has that new car smell! Enjoy and welcome!

·
Registered
35 Posts

I just bought my garage queen (a 2006, 5 speed w/ charcoal grey (SLY) exterior and black/grey top/interior and only 16,500 miles). While I'm not looking to make any major modifications, I do think it needs a little tweaking. IMHO, the back end needs a lip spoiler (similar to what was available on later models). The frontend is desperate to have the grills recessed or at least blacked out...has anyone gone DIY on this project? Last but not least, a practical cup holder.....the factory locations/options are a joke! Anyone out there have a favorite aftermarket Solstice specific company/website?

Thanks

SCJ

View attachment 108501
Welcome...you have a beauty there...treat it with respec!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts