Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

As many of you know, I'm in the middle of moving from Baltimore to Monterey, CA. We've arrived in Monterey, and are staying at the Hyatt until we get setup with housing here. As such, we are at the mercy of Hyatt's "business center" for our internet access.... and the astronomical useage fees that go along with it.

That being said, I have a request for any of you kind folks willing to help. Could you post condensed "cliffs notes" in this thread of any big news? Pretty please? :) Similar to the old "Rodeo's spring break" thread.

Thanks so much :cheers: :lurk:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Wow, the Hyatt doesn't offer free internet usage on their machines? You should have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express! :lol: I hope your move has been going smoothly. Good luck!

I am sure people will be along with Cliff Notes. I haven't gotten through many posts over the weekend myself so I probably could use a few Cliff Notes too. :)

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Hightail it to one of the Starbucks, or Panera breads, or other coffee house. I've found MANY of them have free wireless hi-speed internet access.

You could also skim - drive around 'til you find someone's open wireless hotspot, except I think I heard someone just got convicted for stealing a person's internet connection.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
When was the last time you were on? The Oregon pics and threads were the big news last week.

Production has begun, rumors of shipments to start soon.

·
4,592 Posts
I'd help out, but, apprently, checking in a couple of times a day isn't enough anymore. :( I can't keep up.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My advice is to check for posts by those most likely to be posting breaking news, such as Small Dealer or GMlinedog. That should be a quick way to weed out info on production status.

Also, there was word from GM that an email update should be going out to the First 1000 this week. I'll keep an eye out for it and post it here when it appears. ;)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Another quick fact. Looks like we finally know the location of the front license place, smack dab in the middle of the grill (basically in the center, top to bottom and side to side). Forum member Bonzo posted a review based on his visit to one of the Ride and Drive events, and it included a photo of the final bra design, showing the license plate location.

I don't know if you'll be registering in a state that requires front plates or not.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Front Plate State

dengel said:
Another quick fact. Looks like we finally know the location of the front license place, smack dab in the middle of the grill (basically in the center, top to bottom and side to side). Forum member Bonzo posted a review based on his visit to one of the Ride and Drive events, and it included a photo of the final bra design, showing the license plate location.

I don't know if you'll be registering in a state that requires front plates or not.

Unfortunately yes......both MD, VA and I believe DC all have front plates....VA here so doomed to the front plate..ugh..and the annual state safety inspection will always check........hey maybe if it just bolts to the grill.......uuuuuuuummmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Heed solsticeman's advice. Even downtowns in some cities are becoming hot zones, no fee wireless access 24/7. If Erie, PA can do it why not Monterey?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
2KWK, Here is an update for you for today.

There was a post about Bob Lutz's comments on the GMblog about his visit to Oregon, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3561 :cool:

The email from Pontiac to the First 1000 has been recieved, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3561, basically confirming that the First 1000 will begin shipping next week, and they plan to have them all delivered by the end of October. :thumbs:

There are some fun polls going, if you want to add your opinion, brushed aluminum vs. black plastic environmental control knobs http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3561 and fender D-scoop vs. no fender D-scoop http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3561 are the two that come to mind.

Maybe you should be glad that you don't have a lot of time to spend on the forum lately, as some of the discussions have become rather "heated", keeping the mods hopping! Fformula88 even had to post a thread "reminding" everyone of the forum rules and etiquette. :(

Looks like production is slowly ramping up, we should hopefully have more information trickling out of the plant over the next few weeks.

A lot of discussions going on, but not a lot of new facts. I think there was one new review from someone who "visited" one of the Ride and Drive sites. Didn't get to drive the car, but had some quality time to look at and sit in one.

I hope you're enjoying Sunny California! :)

·
4,592 Posts
Dengel, GREAT POST! Definately acomplishes the "rodeo spring break" idea 2kwk was looking for!!! Great job!

Furthermore, I am using this thread to keep up, so kudos to anyone who helps! I'm currently neck deep in a project to make my Rodeo into a big *ss offroad toy! 6" lift (susp lift and body lift), 32/11.5/R15 tires, and all the goodies. But, I am new to doing anything like this, and am working harder on this than a college course.

2kwk, I noticed your coming to central calif, if you ever plan a trip toward beautiful Santa Barbara, you let me know, maybe we could have the first MSM vs Solstice faceoff, just for fun of course! It's that kinda meet that could really help make or brake theSosltice for me. Good luck with the move!!!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Yes, thanx dengel :thumbs:

Glad someone changed the title - every time I saw this title (just "forum withdrawal") I thought to myself "now who in the heck was ticked off by whom and NOW who is leaving????"

Then I kept seeing the thread was started by 2KWK4U, and kept thinking "NO, 2KWK4U has been around here long enough to have learned not to get worked up... why is HE leaving the forum????"

Then I open it and find out he's just starving for info :glol: :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
Maybe we should start a sticky thread,

"Big news lately, for those too lazy to dig". or something..

I'd use it.
Hey, it works, I found your post! I second the motion. But it would need rules and moderating so it would be easy to scan, only pertinent info allowed.

I guess any posts I put there would almost automatically be removed under those rules :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Headlines

AztekzRpurty said:
Maybe we should start a sticky thread,

"Big news lately, for those too lazy to dig". or something..

I'd use it.
:agree:
Something like Headline News, or an RSS, or maybe a ticker along the bottom?
That would help us "quick check on the forum after kids stop bouncing off walls and in bed" types who scan with just enough strength to look for the new pic or post that keeps us going. :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dengel,

Thanks so much for the updates. Exactly what I was looking for and more! Links even!

All others. Thanks for the entertainment! This forum really is a great crowd. Makes for a relaxing few minutes in my haggered days of house-hunting and living in a single hotel room with my wife, dog, and infant!

·
4,592 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Dengel,

Thanks so much for the updates. Exactly what I was looking for and more! Links even!

All others. Thanks for the entertainment! This forum really is a great crowd. Makes for a relaxing few minutes in my haggered days of house-hunting and living in a single hotel room with my wife, dog, and infant!
I can relate! Best of luck with everything (the move and all), and hopefully dengel will come through for all of us again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.