Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Here's the info from the website.

Year: 2006 (Item #B30162) - Click for photo! View 1
PONTIAC, "Solstice, CD-ROM Press Kit": Portfolio, 6x7. Gray cover, with light gray lettering, has emblem shaped cutout revealing red and white Pontiac emblem. Contains: a) CD-ROM diskette of photography and press release information; and b) 12 page color catalog of press release information which includes five photographs of Pontiac Solstice Convertible and fourteen thumbnail photographs of images on diskette, with discussion and specifications. Detroit Auto Show, Jan. 2004. Price: $20.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, their customer service is certainly thorough

Let me clarify the "ripoff" comment. I was only leery of this transaction because I found this site by total coincidence when I googled Solstice in hopes to find some pics from SEMA. I pretty much ordered the press kit as an impulse buy. I had never heard of the retailer, and took a somewhat foolish chance by giving them my credit card number anyway. I put that caveat on my first post to be sure everyone here knew that I wasn't sure what I was going to get for my $20 + shipping from a place I've never heard of.

Apparently, someone else from the forum has ordered the press kit as well, and referred to my post as how they heard about the site. They (actually Sharon McLellan herself) have subsequently e-mailed me to say thank you, and assure my satisfaction with their product and service. At the very least, I can now rest assured that they are a legitimate business and they are serious about customer service.

I now anxiously await my press kit. At the very least, it'll make a nice addition to my growing collection of Solstice "swag."

Dang, 10 bucks on e-bay, huh? I always forget about e-bay. Just checked though, and I can't find any currently listed. Oh well. At least this way, I can be sure that I'm not going to get a scratched up CD-rom, or a booklet with dog-eared pages. If I do, I can send it back and get another press kit, or my money back. Alot of e-bay-ers can't offer that kind of guarantee.

Of course, this still isn't an endorsement for McLellan automotive, and I have nothing to gain for posting this here. They didn't offer me a discount for putting up my original post, nor do I expect any kind of favor from them for this post, either. Just putting this out there to let everyone know what kind of experience I'm having. It's pretty refreshing, actually!

·
Registered
533 Posts
That looks like the same version as one I found on ebay as well. It contains a CD with photos we've seen on the web and a 9 page brochure. The text in the brochure is also on a PDF file on the CD.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I found the same one earlier this year on ebay for under 8.00 including shipping. Nothing exciting, but any news is good news. If I thought it would be worth it, I'd go to the Detroit Auto Show this year. It's about an 1100 mile trip during what is usually bad weather in the midwest. It's also during my calving season, so this year is a bust. Just hope to take some time off next summer and cruise in my new SOLSTICE. (Hear me Bob)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts