Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, cruising through a metro shopping center in Peoria and there it was, Mysterious, black cloth interior, no bells and whistles, but VIN #49. Didn't know that anyone else in Central IL. had even received another 1st 1K Sol. This one came out of Sam Leham Pontiac in Eureka, waited around for the owner but no sign of him/her. It was sure great seeing a final production model vs. the test mules in Detroit - fit and finish looked great! :yesnod:

Still waiting on VIN 296, hopeful for this weekend as it shipped on 9-7. We'll keep you all posted.

Cheers!
TJ

·
Registered
819 Posts
TJ Klise said:
Wow, cruising through a metro shopping center in Peoria and there it was, Mysterious, black cloth interior, no bells and whistles, but VIN #49. Didn't know that anyone else in Central IL. had even received another 1st 1K Sol. This one came out of Sam Leham Pontiac in Eureka, waited around for the owner but no sign of him/her. It was sure great seeing a final production model vs. the test mules in Detroit - fit and finish looked great! :yesnod:

Still waiting on VIN 296, hopeful for this weekend as it shipped on 9-7. We'll keep you all posted.

Cheers!
TJ
TJ,

We can only hope that 296 arrives soon. Your and your wife have waited quite some time for its delivery. The dealer let me know this morning that my car came off the line yesterday. I couldn't hardly finish the days work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Brimley Michigan

Brimley Development Center Home

Nestled against the backdrop of the pristine Michigan Upper Peninsula, the 560 acre Brimley Development Center offers customers a state-of-the-art automotive, recreational, and specialty test facility designed for year round use.

Built in 1995, the test facility incorporates 20 years of global testing expertise with the very latest in equipment and modern test facility design. Located just 20 minutes from Sault Ste. Marie and Chippewa International Airport, the Brimley Development Center is easily reached.

* General Information
* Environmental Chamber
* Artificial Low-Coefficient
* Asphalt Vehicle Dynamics
* Gravel Vehicle Dynamics Area
* Handling Course
* Ariel Photographs
* Circles
* Specialty Surfaces
* Snow Fields
* Snow Grade
* North Ice Field
* Expressway Ramp
* Off Road Course
* 2 Mile Loop

My daughter called me from Brimley and said they were testing a black Solstice at the Continental Center!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Come on over to the MidWest thread

Hey TJ and Crawdad:
Take a look at the thread: Time In Transit: MidWest Region.
Share your transit information with the Sols from IA, WI, MN,IL, MO and all around the MidWest. Perhaps we can all learn how the delivery system works in order to get a better idea of when are cars will really be delivered. If nothing else, it keeps us entertained while waiting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered my Sol from Sam Leman in Eureka the day before #49 arrived. They called me up to let me know so I'd get to see one in person. (Of course, they already got my money!) They were doing some clay bar action to get all the rail dust off of it. I got to sit in it before the owner did! Bwahahahah!
It looked so nice that I had to change my order to Mysterious as well! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts