Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody's kappas take a hit with the storm? Mines high and dry from water and falling trees.
Hope all is well. Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
my car stayed in the garage.

My neighborhood was lucky. We had power the whole time
and very very few trees came down.

I am an hour away inland from the beaches...

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
check your tire pressure !

I had 4 tires on each of 3 cars down by 4 pounds.

Freaky... :crazy:

:huh:

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
check your tire pressure !

I had 4 tires on each of 3 cars down by 4 pounds.

Freaky... :crazy:

:huh:
The storm had some of the lowest barometric pressure associated with it that had been recorded recently.
That probably had something to do with tire pressures being lowered.

Although I took the coupe out today to put fuel in for the winter and haven't driven it in recent weeks, my tire pressures were done to 24 and I'm over 2000 miles away! Yikes!

·
Registered
311 Posts
we got hit hard on LI. 90% of the homes lost power. We were lucky, no damage to the house and we only lost power for 2 days. Many were not so lucky. Many homes were washed away or flooded with 3-5 ft of salt water. My son lives near the water and he had a 24' boat crash through his LR window. His apartment is totally flooded and he lost everything but he's young and he had renter's insurance so hopefully he will bounce back.

Luckily my cars were save in the garage. It'll be a while before I'll have time to take them out. Lots of cleanup ahead.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Glad the members in it's path are safe - at least those of you who have posted. Sandy messed up stuff something seriously.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Anyone on here know about the Copaigue-Lindenhurst area, particularly along Montauk Hwy? My wife is from there and we're curious about how they fared. The local FOX channel up there was mentioning them early, along with Fire Island, as being hit pretty hard.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just wanted to say that my thoughts go out to all those dealing with the aftermath. :-(

·
Registered
613 Posts
We never loss power. Only wind damage was my DTV Dish was moved, so no TV. I hear we need to get ready for round two. A nor-easter for Wen. or Thur.

·
Registered
457 Posts
We lost power for 18 hours and had our ridge vent ripped off. Nothing compared to many. And another storm's a'comin'!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
199 Posts
Anyone on here know about the Copaigue-Lindenhurst area, particularly along Montauk Hwy? My wife is from there and we're curious about how they fared. The local FOX channel up there was mentioning them early, along with Fire Island, as being hit pretty hard.
I live in Babylon, the next town over and yes, we all got hit very hard. Many houses below Montauk highway are severely damaged.

Mine included.

Saved the car, but lost the house (well, first floor).

It could be a lot worse for me. Everyone in the family is fine, I have insurance and currently have a roof over my head.

Bob

·
Registered
728 Posts
We down here in Florida got "skirted" by this storm. We were rained on for a whole week+ and did received "some" wind gusts up to 50 knots, but nothing compared to the people in the NE.

My heart goes out to those people suffering from the after math and those who lost their homes and possessions. We know how that goes down here, let us hope and pray that they can recover and that most of those people were wise enough to not only have homeowners insurance, but also flood insurance..

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I left my SOLSTICE in my daughter's work's bomb shelter of a parking garage. But I swear as I drove her away unscathed, she was saying, "Dont' leave me here EVER again"! :lol: :glol: :rofl: :D

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I live in Babylon, the next town over and yes, we all got hit very hard. Many houses below Montauk highway are severely damaged.

Mine included.

Saved the car, but lost the house (well, first floor).

It could be a lot worse for me. Everyone in the family is fine, I have insurance and currently have a roof over my head.

Bob
Thanks for the report! What photos I could find were showing 20 ft. cabin cruisers sitting on their keels in the suburbs. Glad you're OK, and we'll be thinking of you all.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
We're finally back on the grid here in Northern NJ after almost two weeks, car survived without a scratch too! I'm sure glad I went with conventional, 16"-on-center rafters on my garage though, the limbs that dropped down on it from the storm would have punched right through the truss/OSB system that I briefly considered using.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Glad you're OK nj!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Out in Queens we did not get that bad of a hit. I personally did not lose power but many I know did.

If anyone is wondering where gas stations are that are running, check out Storm Sandy Gasoline Finder by GasBuddy.com and it shows a map of what stations are open and which ones are not in New York and in other states. (gasbuddy.com/sandy)

I waited in line for gas for 1.5 hours. It is even/odd days for getting gas now. Reminds a few people of the 1970's but I do not know what things were like in those times lol.

I hope everyone else is doing ok though. If anyone needs a lending hand out in Long Island, NY let me know via PM and I would be glad to make the drive out to help anyone.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Glad you're okay, NJ! :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Morris County took a hit

Where I am in Morris Co., NJ we really took a hit with all the trees and then the power lines down. Didn't get power back till Sunday the 11th during the 3rd quarter of that Giants disaster:cryin:. Now comes the clean up. Couple of trees down didn't hit anything but had to drive over lawn to get in/out. It's getting better but more than a few people are still out and @#*&^ off. Odd/Even gas rationing is over as of yesterday (13th)

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Hang tight! My family went through all this in '96 with FRAN. What a time that was. But with good neighbors and a lot of patience, it is just a memory now...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts