Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Anyone Tell Me Who I Can Call At Pontiac And A Phone Number To Get Some Status On My Sol Order? I Have Had My Car On Order For One Month And A Half And The Dealer Doesn't Even Have A Build Date And He Says He Can't Get Any Info Utill He Has Build Date. When I First Ordered The Car He Said I Would Have A Build Date In 2 To 3 Weeks. I Don't Know Who To Complain Too. I Put Money Down On A Car That I Have No Idea If They Are Ever Going To Build Or Not. The Mazda Mx Is Looking Good About Now. I Can't Believe That Pontiac Finally Put A Car Out That People Are Crazy About But You Can't Find Or Get One. What's The Deal. They Could Make Major Money On That Car If They Just Had An Inventory Or At Least A Reasonable Lead Time.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
tishff said:
Can Anyone Tell Me Who I Can Call At Pontiac And A Phone Number To Get Some Status On My Sol Order? I Have Had My Car On Order For One Month And A Half And The Dealer Doesn't Even Have A Build Date And He Says He Can't Get Any Info Utill He Has Build Date. When I First Ordered The Car He Said I Would Have A Build Date In 2 To 3 Weeks. I Don't Know Who To Complain Too. I Put Money Down On A Car That I Have No Idea If They Are Ever Going To Build Or Not. The Mazda Mx Is Looking Good About Now. I Can't Believe That Pontiac Finally Put A Car Out That People Are Crazy About But You Can't Find Or Get One. What's The Deal. They Could Make Major Money On That Car If They Just Had An Inventory Or At Least A Reasonable Lead Time.
Only a month & a half? Odds are you have a wait ahead of you-there are orders that have been 'in' since April, and those cars aren't delivered yet!
My order has been 'in' since May-I won't see my car for at least a month, maybe two!
:willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
tishff said:
I've had one on order for over three months and mine hasn't been picked up yet. If you don't have patience, this isn't a car for you

·
Registered
184 Posts
We have had ours on order since May and it just went to status - 3000. Your dealer is right, he cannot give you any more info or a build date. Even the ones that do have build dates have not always been correct....

·
Registered
145 Posts
tishff said:
Plan for a long wait, unless you can find a dealer selling a solstice that a buyer had backed out of. Mine was built in early August and was supposed to be delivered in Late August. It got recalled, and reshipped. I'm still waiting.

BTW, where are you on his allocation. Because of the huge demand for this car (basically all of 2k6 models have been presold), GM is allocating a certain number of cars for each dealership, the larger the dealership (or the higher volume they sell) get larger allotments. Your dealer should know EXACTLY how many allotments they have since GM told them months ago. Also find out where you are on the waiting list. For time of reference, we have folks who put their money down and watched the order get sent to GM in April and STILL haven't gotten their cars. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered in April and Still Waiting in Tampa

After six months of waiting and still going, one does begin to wonder when... Yet, I look at the Solstice and there simply is no other. Sorry Honey!

To even suggest throwing in the towel for a Miata is simply apalling? I don't think so. Mazda has its hands full competing with the sexy design of the Solstice, regardless of road and track performance statistics. After all, its still the same old Miata.

I'll wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
first solstice owner in vegas

:lol: I am about to be the first solstice owner in vegas! :willy: Out of sheer luck. I wasnt even on the waiting list! My car was to be purchased by the wife of one of the dealers, the deal fell through because the dealer no longer works for the company so It became available for sale at 28k. I had inquired months ago and left my number with a salesman, I put 500 down to be on a wait list at a different dealership, never expecting the first salesman to call me. He called me and like 40 other people who were interested on friday. I went in today signed the contracts and will be picking it up wednsday. I am also in the process of buying a second home so I need that deal to close first other wise I would have took my solstice home today! im putting 15k down and financing 15k at 7.9 intrest. I am just the lucky be-atch that got there first! :party: so if you see a cute blonde chick in a sly gray solstice with black leather seats and satelite radio system its me the lucky be-atch that got there first! I may have paid a couple of thousand too much but I really wanted it bad!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just my opinions......

To Tishff.......You are in for a LOOOOOONG Wait!

To Busty Sol.......You are not so lucky paying $28,000 for a Solstice! :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congratulations!! We saw two of the first one thousand at Desert Pontiac on Thursday. There was a Sly and Mysterious. One of the owners was there to pick his up that night (the Mysterious). Very nice car! Ours is suppose to be built November 7......

If you see a cute brunette in a Cool Solstice that would be me and the Handsome Italian would be my husband.....

Wife of Sol Survivor

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Family Car!

Sol Survivor said:
Congratulations!! We saw two of the first one thousand at Desert Pontiac on Thursday. There was a Sly and Mysterious. One of the owners was there to pick his up that night (the Mysterious). Very nice car! Ours is suppose to be built November 7......

If you see a cute brunette in a Cool Solstice that would be me and the Handsome Italian would be my husband.....

Wife of Sol Survivor
Husband and wife in a Solstice! Sounds like a family car to me! :lol: Enjoy your Solstice!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
tishff said:

1 1/2 months ? THATS ALL????? Most here had it on order in April and know nothing. If you were here at the forum when you orderes you would of known you wouldn't have it in 2/3 weeks.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
busty sol said:
:lol: I am about to be the first solstice owner in vegas! :willy: Out of sheer luck. I wasnt even on the waiting list! My car was to be purchased by the wife of one of the dealers, the deal fell through because the dealer no longer works for the company so It became available for sale at 28k. I had inquired months ago and left my number with a salesman, I put 500 down to be on a wait list at a different dealership, never expecting the first salesman to call me. He called me and like 40 other people who were interested on friday. I went in today signed the contracts and will be picking it up wednsday. I am also in the process of buying a second home so I need that deal to close first other wise I would have took my solstice home today! im putting 15k down and financing 15k at 7.9 intrest. I am just the lucky be-atch that got there first! :party: so if you see a cute blonde chick in a gray solstice with leather seats and satelite radio system its me the lucky be-atch that got there first!
You should call Capital one blank check. I got 5 1/4 they send you a blank check and you pay off the old loan at 7.9. It's great, you apply on line and it takes about 5 min. to hear, then they send out the check the same day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered 5/4/05 and got called yesterday by the dealer that they will build my car 11/11/05! I live in Pell City, AL. Hope to have a nice Christmas Present. Told the wife hope the heater works...top will be down! Mysterious with all option packages except smokers and sat radio. Went with ebony seats.....hang in there. Watch this forum and you'll get all the information you need.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I ordered may 19 has not been picked up by gm yet expect a long wait. Buy the die cast model to get you thru your ups and downs

·
Registered
184 Posts
ntouched said:
Husband and wife in a Solstice! Sounds like a family car to me! :lol: Enjoy your Solstice!
At first it was "his" car.... but after driving one a couple of times -- it is now "our" car. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts