Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day: Friday Nov. 18th - 2005 (car delivered Weds. 11/16)

Time: 7:20 to 8:00 and 5:00 - 5:40 pm

Place: Tucson, AZ

So I get home from work a little bit before my wife. I look out the window and see our 3658 rollin' up the driveway. Then I hear the hallway door open and close. There she is, Sol-Sista....and she is frazzled.

Sol-Sista says "I'm not driving that thing to work on Monday, I'm taking the other car"!

Why I ask?

It's those crazies on the road. It was like Paparazzi .... everywhere, on the streets, on the Interstate. It was freaking me out, she says!

I ask, "What was freakin' you out?"

She says, "They were everywhere! Four had camera phones, two had digital cameras and they were surrounding me." Shotgun riders hangin' out of the windows, guys in trucks, it was really freaky!"

What guys, what are you talking about?

As Sol-Sista drove 3658 to work on Friday and goingn to work and coming home, cars were circling her on the Interstate at 55 to 60 mph - on the right, then behind, then on the left, then in front. Taking pictures with cell phone cameras. There were thumbs ups, Whoo Hoos, a lady in a Mercedes at the stop light going on about the Solstice, one kid in a camaro wanting to drag race, a Honda jammin' on the brakes getting next to the car and screamin' Yea! Yea!, one guy yelling "American Made!", etc...

Well I admit Freaky Friday is partly my fault. I forgot to warn her about the Public and their aggression towards checking out the car. She was amazed, partly scared, and now wonders how long she will have to endure this attention? If there are only 4 to 5 Solstice in Tucson, I'm thinking it going to be months before it cools down.

ALL DRIVERS BE WARNED!! JOHN Q. PUBLIC IS NOT AWARE OF THIS CAR. LOCAL DRIVING WILL CAUSE LOOKY LOOS AND ADHOC PICTURE TAKING. LOCAL PARKING WILL CAUSE THE "CIRCLE OF SOLSTICE FRIENDS" AFFECT.

I'll take her out in it this weekend and try to get her used the attention. She said its tuff - You look Ultra-Cool :cool: and feel Paranoid :leaving: at the same time.

Good luck to the new Solstice owners. You may want to warn your Spouse! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's Pain

Then it feels good to hurt a little.

Even though I've been reading for months now the accounts of local driving, One must experience it have a true appreciation for the "pebble in the pond" affect. The Solstice has definetly may a hugh Splash and there are some big-ol waves!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Sounds like what would have happened if Princiess Diana had visited Tucson!

Nice story, SOL-Brotha! :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yeah....

That is actually something my wife has noticed when she drives the GTO. Our liscence plate for our GTO says "Monaro". So everyone is always asking what the car is.

She says that she will be scared to drive the Solstice once we get ours. :willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yeah, it's either dealing with crazies on the highways, or show and tell every place you go. But hey, it's worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts