Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mentioned this in another thread so I though I would post a link to some pictures. This event is definetly worth attending. I live near the racetrack, but I met people who drove from Florida just for the day and a couple who drove their Lotus Elise all the way from California to watch a friend race his Ferrari. clicky

The header for the photos is wrong, there were at least 4 Enzo's there, three reds and a yellow, at one point all three reds were on the racetrack at once. also, i saw at least two F40's. there was only one F50 at the track and i was very disappointed that in never made any laps. the two big supprises were the Carrera GT with dealer plates making hot laps and the honest to goodness GT40 MKIV race car in the paddock.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Looks like an awesome event that would be a lot of fun! Especially if you were driving one of those hot Ferraris!! :smile I am surprised they had a few Enzos out there. I know a few have found their way into the hands of people who planned to drive them, but you know most of them will end up trailer queens.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Looks like an awesome event that would be a lot of fun! Especially if you were driving one of those hot Ferraris!! :smile I am surprised they had a few Enzos out there. I know a few have found their way into the hands of people who planned to drive them, but you know most of them will end up trailer queens.
Didn't Ferrari sell them all on the condition that they WILL be raced, or at least driven? I know there are several qualifications a potential buyer must meet to buy the "special" Ferrari cars.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Ferrari did have some strict criteria for potential owners, but after the car is sold it is out of their hands. They didn't want them all to end up in storage, but a good number of them will invariably end up there anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Rik said:
I found a thread started by the couple I met from California. Elise Talk thread
Ahhhh Elise Talk, what a wonderful place. I used to live on those forums while I still fantasized I could buy an Elise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts