Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
Lug nuts are 19mm or 3/4 the metric 19mm fit a little tighter you will need a long socket as far as jacking up the car goes there is a jacking pad behind the front wheel about 16" in it looks like a box with a hole in the middle of it ( I know strange description)there are four on the car .I would go to a sporting goods store and get a couple of hockey pucks they are only a couple of bucks apiece this helps support the car and helps from damaging the jack pad. Center the puck on the jack pad and slowly raise the jack watching to make sure it is centered on the jack pad and don't forget to chock the rear wheels .My car is lowered so what I do is place a piece of hardwood 12x 2 x 36 on my jack and center it under the door about a foot in ,this raises the car and distributes the weight evenly so I don't damage anything underneath I then place a jack stand with a puck on the front and rear jack pads .I'm sure there is a member who can post a pic of the jack pads ( I'm not to hep on some of this computer stuff)so you get an idea of what they look like or you can Google Solstice jack pads they have a couple of images .Good Luck !

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
So, before buying equipment, I decided to contact a gm dealer regarding my issue. Havent had a call returned. I have a fear of causing further damage.. blah :(

I dont generally perform work on vehicles. Lol

EDIT: Just purchased OEM liners, they suddenly came up on Amazon (Prime Shipping too!) -- May try it soon

·
Registered
346 Posts
You may want to start,not all dealers IMHO are going to do a good repair on some of the things you will need to do for the up keep of your vehicle,as the older mechanics fade out ,the newer mechanics have not worked on these that often.I still have a good mechanic in my area but then again I try to do most of the repairs myself.As an example I spoke to the Chev dealer this morning on a battery replacement,he quoted me $159.00 ,I said ok ,then I said to him that he needed to commit to that price.He later found out that there would be an up charge of 1 hr labor because of the fender removal,basically that means an additional $90.00,he said he would only charge me $40.00 .Regardless that is still exorbitant for doing it yourself and spending 20 minutes .

21 - 27 of 27 Posts