Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to repair a front bumper that dragged on a parking ramp. San Diego....
May have to replace the bumper but at this point I need a good shop to take a look and I am new to San Diego..Advice? I want to get this right.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
A good shop can work miracles. My wife punched a hole thorugh her bumper in a parking lot. After they did the repair it was better than new. Modern materials are great.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The front bumper is plastic basically, and very easy to remove. You can actually buy one painted and ready to mount on eBay for about $700 last I checked. A shop will run you about $1500 to replace and paint it around here, done it twice. Once a big fricking rock off a truck, second time hit while I was parked by a 16 year old girl.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Hah! Goat's so feeble a 16-yr-old girl can hit him and cause $1500 of damage! :willy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in Temecula. Bought an OEM reconditioned front bumper for my GXP on Ebay last week for $300 including shipping. They wanted a $100 more, I just emailed the seller and asked if he would take $300, he said he would put in a Make Offer tab and for me to put in my price. Got it yesterday. It looks great. In fact it looks new. Do not see where they had to "recondition" anything. Have a shop that will take off the old one, paint the new one and install for $150. Sometimes it pays to do all the footwork yourself.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Quiet soup! or I will come steal those most excellent HID headlights!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts