Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to a state that doesn't require a front plate and now would like to remove the front bracket. Mine is riveted in place. Can someone suggest the best way to go about doing that? Thanks....

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
When I picked up my Sol in 2007 the front plate bracket was riveted as well. Sadly you have to cut the rivet to remove the bracket. This will leave a couple of holes in the front bumper cover in the center. I used electrical tape that was the same color as the car to protect the bumper until I had it filled and painted.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Depends on the colour of your car, but with my gray car I drilled the tops off the rivets and pushed them out through the back and then used touch up paint to make sure the holes didn't stand out. You hardly notice them. On a bright colour that would probably be less successful.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I drilled out the rivets. Then, I bought some black plastic push pins (AKA christmas trees) and plugged the holes. I suppose you could paint them to match if you wanted.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I did the same. After removing that ever so ugly bracket I was left with two holes. I used the same two push pins that came with the plate holder to fill the holes. Fortunately my car is black, so the black pins don't stand out. They almost look stock, like they should be there.

Don from Nanaimo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts