Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I posted this yet. Provincial law states that a front plate is required here in BC. I moved mine away from the center / grill by doing this: You can gently but firmly ease the plate and holder out of the grill. You can then put it back into the multitude of grill holes in an off-set manner by pushing it back into 2 of the 4 holes with some force and tweaking. I put mine off to the 'left' in-between the grill and foglights. 2 grille holes is enough to grip it into place, and the forward momentum of the car ensures it won't move. The plastic / rubber prongs do not scratch the car while it is moving. A cheap easy way to relocate it.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
saw a picture of an NA solstice that actually bent the license plate into a curve so that it would fit under the grille. Don't know how visible the plate has to be but it was there nonetheless.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Paul, I am in BC as well and used a relocation kit provided by a vendor that no longer exists, but I'm sure it could be replicated. Think it only works on a GXP with the lower intake slot.

syjos - penalty for no front plate is $109.

Before

After

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here in Washington State, the fine for no front plate is $136. $136 for a non moving violation, I'll take my chances.

I've gone 4 years without and no stops. Yea!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Per the internet for New York State:

The license plate cannot be visibly displayed and has to be securely fastened in the front and rear of the vehicle. If a person is caught driving without a license plate in New York he or she will be charged $200 + $93 surcharge with no points added to his or her license.

The front plate is ugly but not worth $293 to not use it.:eek:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I was cited for no front plate in my '07 Sly about 2 years after I purchased it in '12. It cost me $ 180.00 here in OH (local police), it's funny cuz my citation for doing 80 in a 60 was the same amount (state patrolman). The 07 Sly did have the front plate bracket in the trunk but I didn't mount it because the car looks better without it. After the ticket I did mount it so I wouldn't be cited again, the local police like to write tickets.

When I traded the '07 in for my '09 coupe there was no front plate on it either. I immediately bought one on ebay. It only cost $ 25 but it was worth not getting cited again. The good news is that Ohio has removed the front plate requirement beginning 7/1/2020, and guess who's taking his off at midnight 6/30/2020.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think I posted this yet. Provincial law states that a front plate is required here in BC. I moved mine away from the center / grill by doing this: You can gently but firmly ease the plate and holder out of the grill. You can then put it back into the multitude of grill holes in an off-set manner by pushing it back into 2 of the 4 holes with some force and tweaking. I put mine off to the 'left' in-between the grill and foglights. 2 grille holes is enough to grip it into place, and the forward momentum of the car ensures it won't move. The plastic / rubber prongs do not scratch the car while it is moving. A cheap easy way to relocate it.
Pictures please?

·
Registered
14 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts