Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been answered, but I can't find it, I just picked up 594 and it has a front license plate holder.....help it's ugly and I don't live in a state that needs one. How do I get it off? Even the dealer couldn't figure it out!

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
JRP said:
This has probably been answered, but I can't find it, I just picked up 594 and it has a front license plate holder.....help it's ugly and I don't live in a state that needs one. How do I get it off? Even the dealer couldn't figure it out!
Very carefully.... :) From the pictures posted it has four fingers that clip into the honeycomb of the grill and a strip of double-sided tape down the middle.

The fingers should not be that tought to loosen, but the tape is probably some of that strong 3M stuff.

Good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Usually a hairdryer will help loosen tape, decals...ect.. Good luck!

SLY-everything except XM, onstar & smokers pkg.
(second of eight in first four month allocation)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
It is drilled into the plastic behind the honeycomb grill. Take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input, I did get it to come off, but very time consuming. It is stuck with the double sided tape, no bolts. You just have to keep working at it. My dealer didn't know how to do it. Word to the wise.....if you live in a state that doesn't require front license plates...request, no demand that the bracket is left off. IT'S UGLY.
Vin 594 cool, safe and happy in her new home.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Um, the front plate mount comes in the trunk. If it's installed it's because your dealer put it there for whatever reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer is in Missouri, I'm in Michigan, he didn't know that we don't have front plates. Think he was kind of embarrassed. No harm done, luckily. Got to drive the car 700 miles home. what an experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm waiting for #289 (dealer was invoiced over a month ago) was told it is on a railcar somewhere in Ohio. Told the dealer to leave the plate holder OFF. Utah is a front plate state, but I'll take my chances.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
dylan01 said:
It is drilled into the plastic behind the honeycomb grill. Take it to the dealer.

It is NOT drilled into anything. It has pressure points that stretch the honeycomb while inserting to prevent it from falling out. kind of how a fishing hook works. The fiberous material behind the honeycomb has a hollowed out section where these posts will go. There are NO screws.

Where are you getting this information from dylan01?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Excelsior said:
It is NOT drilled into anything. It has pressure points that stretch the honeycomb while inserting to prevent it from falling out. kind of how a fishing hook works. The fiberous material behind the honeycomb has a hollowed out section where these posts will go. There are NO screws.

Where are you getting this information from dylan01?
Some engineer in Oshawa told me. I looked and I didnt see any bolts or anything. So I am just repeting what he said. Should of used quotations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts