Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the heck is it going to go? The front end is so smooth I just don't see where you can put a plate and not ruin the clean lines.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not only that, but how much do you think it will cost to repair that nose after a 5 mph fender bender?

It looks fantastic but I wonder how practical it will be.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just run without of course - even here in CA, a lot of cars only run with one plate. I have been doing it for 3 years, and only received one $60 ticket. I was even pulled over once, and they did not issue a ticket... Well worth it for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
here in MN, they are tougher. I need one :( i ran into trouble on my 98 camaro, couldnt put a nice billet grille because of the plates. arrrg

·
Registered
118 Posts
That sucks - was just thinking back to the time I got pulled over. I had dropped a friend off and left my parking lights on, but dimmed the headlights. Started driving without them, and got pulled over. The office was real nice, just running my plates and asking for registration. After it checked out, he mentioned that this was a common sign of a car that had been stolen (since the thief might not know how to properly operate the vehicle). Anyway, he asked me to turn the headlights on, I did, he watched, and he never even commented about the missing front plate :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking this also. It seems that no matter where they put it, it will clutter the front up. Luckily here in DE, we dont need front plates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We don't require front plate in Tennessee either! The stink of it is that the Solstice will have accomodations for a front license plate, and clutter the clean lines for everyone, whether if you use it or not. This is true of all the great american sport cars such as the Corvette, Mustang and Camaro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts