Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone posted pictures of the compartments located under the seat cushions?

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

2KWK4U said:
Has anyone posted pictures of the compartments located under the seat cushions?
There are small pockets on the front edge of the seat cushion. I didn't know that there are compartments under the seat...are you sure??

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe that's it. Precisely the reason I'm looking for pictures! :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I will take a quick look tonight. I am not aware of any "under the seat" compartment though. There is a place for maps behind the seat. :)

Storage space is pretty limited, but my wife loves the middle compartment.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
You sit on the floor as it is, I doubt a "under the seat" compartment would work. They do have "behind the seat" and "in front of the seat" storage. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, forgive me everyone! I mis-typed.

Can anyone point me toward pictures of the pockets on the front of the seats?!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I just walked out and looked at the space under my seats. No compartment there. I would be glad for a little more internal storage, but so far haven't found any other than on seat fronts and backs. It really is difficult to get to the storage on the seat backs without getting out of the car. The release for the passenger seat is positioned in a way that makes it very difficult to operate from the driver's seat position. I've had to get out of my car to get a map from the storage space behind the seats. I guess I'll just have to learn where I'm going without using a map. :lol:

·
Registered
496 Posts
storage

CanSol said:
There are small pockets on the front edge of the seat cushion. I didn't know that there are compartments under the seat...are you sure??
Thanks guys, the things I learn from this forum. I never thought to look for storage in the front of the seat cushion. Wow, that doubles my cockpit storage space. I have been looking for someplace to store loose change.
I wish they would have put a coin holder pull-out on the dash in front of the left driver's knee. Well, this little pouch will do fine.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks just went to the garage and looked, did not know this at least I now have a place for a map.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
POTFH said:
Thanks just went to the garage and looked, did not know this at least I now have a place for a map.
I just went and looked in my garage - I have a HUGE storage space - 1/2 of the garage - just waiting for my car !!! :glol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
if you passed on the sub it looks like we may have another place to hide our stuff, has any body checked this blank panel??

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Note ... this pocket looks like it could get stretched out as time goes by, leaving you with a saggy kangaroo pouch. I wouldn't plan on putting anything bigger than a map in there or digging in it regularly if you want to keep it snug.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eureka!

Thanks Slysol. I agree with you on the kangaroo pouch theory. In fact, they seem relatiely useless to me. They'll be good for collecting leg sweat and funk. Maybe I'll keep a change of underwear in there (Bill Cosby ref, for those of you not old enough to get the humor).

·
Registered
109 Posts
For me, it could be a condom holder, but I can't imagine what else I'd use it for.

·
Registered
278 Posts
hmm, i wonder if the cloth seats have those ;), ::hint, hint::

·
2,574 Posts
SlySol said:
Note ... this pocket looks like it could get stretched out as time goes by, leaving you with a saggy kangaroo pouch. I wouldn't plan on putting anything bigger than a map in there or digging in it regularly if you want to keep it snug.
I think it's an excellent little place to keep things. I always seem to be throwing stuff on the passenger seat, which ultimately ends up blowing all ovet the place. A tiny bit of velcro (with backing) will end the sag issue in two seconds flat. Boaters would be lost without nooks like this and we all celebrate the day sticky back velcro was born! ;)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'll probably use it to hold those little odds and ends that are in the ashtray/cubby area of my current car. Such items as a pen, a few napkins/ Kleenex for emergencies, the ear piece for my cell phone, etc.

Nothing of extreme thickness that would stretch out the pouch, and hopefully nothing that will too odd being pulled out from under my skirt from between my legs. :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dengel said:
I'll probably use it to hold those little odds and ends that are in the ashtray/cubby area of my current car. Such items as a pen, a few napkins/ Kleenex for emergencies, the ear piece for my cell phone, etc.

Nothing of extreme thickness that would stretch out the pouch, and hopefully nothing that will too odd being pulled out from under my skirt from between my legs. :lol:
I see this gag in the next Austin Powers movie! He'll be driving a Sol for sure!

·
Registered
167 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
Thanks guys, the things I learn from this forum. I never thought to look for storage in the front of the seat cushion. Wow, that doubles my cockpit storage space. I have been looking for someplace to store loose change.
I wish they would have put a coin holder pull-out on the dash in front of the left driver's knee. Well, this little pouch will do fine.
There is a place to put change. There is a small tray that runs the length of each door abou 1/2 inch in depth. You could put smalll items such as change, pens, mints, gum etc., nothing too big.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts