Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a front plate mount!

I recently moved back to Massachusetts and as much as I hate to do it, I have to mount a front plate, does anyone have one they want to sell?

or any help suggestions. :)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
I saw one on ebay during the summer...

·
Registered
17 Posts
don't put the ugly stock mount. i looking for magnetic mount, at least i can take it out once in a while and see the real beauty!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decided to order one from GM Parts Direct, ebay units are all more expensive then when you add shipping...

Thanks all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before I drill any holes, I will spend a little time looking to see if I can fabricate a mount so it is Lowwwww and off center perhaps.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
If you are using a stock plate mount OEM it has 4 large pins (?) with a retainer type feature that pushes into the stock grill you may have to cut off the bottom two and use some two sided tape to mount it where you want .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sting Ya

That sounds nice.

I also have an assortment of something called a "Well Nut", a rubber plug with a brass nut inside, as you tighten up the bolt, it pulls the nut in and expands the rubber. Might allow mounting in more than one location, or switching locations depending on my mood. :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I lived in Illinois (a front plate state) for about 18 months - but I never put the plate on.

Instead, I carried it in the car with some zip ties. If I had ever gotten stopped, I would have used the zip ties and attached it ot the grille if I had to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts