Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest little addition to my Dodomobile has been front turn signal LEDs. Looks really good and vibrant! My only issue is that I need to add resistors to these again. The only problem I'm facing is knowing which wires to tap into. I'm thinking it's the blue and black (Going based off sidemarker mod) but before I do anything I would like some more info.

Also, would LED fogs be good? Might do LEDs all around. :cool::yesnod::yesnod:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I have LED fogs.....no go. If you use them like I do (because I live in a suburb and there are plenty of people that walk at night...in the road), don't go with LEDs for fogs. Mine SUCK! Not bright, just for show. I was still thinking about HIDs in the normal headlights, but don't want to blind everyone. You can buy turnsignal LEDs with the resistor already in them....no more wiring.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's too late! I already have them installed. Already ordered resistors too. lol :p

Just gotta be sure about those wires.. Yeaurgh

·
Super Moderator
16,287 Posts
The resister has to look like a load to the BCM which is watching current draw to decide if there is a failed bulb.

The resister goes from the + (red) wire to ground. The easiest way is to tap into the red wire at the light, run the wire out to a convenient spot on the frame and drill one or two holes to mount the load resister to the frame. Just make sure its were it will not melt anything as they get hot.

Mine are connected to the rear tails at the plug, then the load resister is screwed to the frame near the rear end where I can get at them easily

Attachments

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
The resistors should be wired in parallel with the turn signal filaments - which is indeed across the blue and black wires.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the way back from work it seemed to be okay, I'm not sure why it sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't.. yeaurgh

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay so I noticed something strange about the issue in which both signals come on at the same time. It only happens during the day time. Never at night? This is becoming so confusing :(

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I haven't done anything with the wiring except for the sidemarker mod and then tapping the front turn signal leds resistor on both sides into the black/blue wires..

Also noticed now that my LED sidemarkers aren't working with the regular incandescent turn signal bulbs, only when I had the LED bulbs in. Anyways, removed the LED bulbs from the turn signals for now. That and upon removing one of them, the lens came off and fell into the light fixture *sigh*. lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bumping this to ask a new question.. is Socket 3757 comparable to 3157 Standard or CK? I figured this could be the reason why I had my issue. Not sure how to find out and couldn't find any wiring diagrams for 3757, only 3157CK and Standard.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
so its wiring is similar to 3157, not 3157CK is that correct?

I ask because I know my wiring isnt the problem, the leds work during the night time for the turn signals and stay on, yet during the day time they blink like hazard lights and it affects the rear also. Cant drive around like that so have the stock amber halogen for now and it works like normal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
so its wiring is similar to 3157, not 3157CK is that correct?

I ask because I know my wiring isnt the problem, the leds work during the night time for the turn signals and stay on, yet during the day time they blink like hazard lights and it affects the rear also. Cant drive around like that so have the stock amber halogen for now and it works like normal.
You can still use regular bulbs on a CK socket, but you'll have to reverse the wiring. That's really the only difference between CK and NON-CK

So you are saying that when your DRL lights are on it causes your hazards to act up?

Nick C.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts