Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
No turn signal LED has a built in resistor to prevent hyperflash. Resistance creates heat, heat ruins LEDs. It wouldn't make sense to design turn signal LEDs with resistors built onto the base.

I suggest checking the resistors again to make sure they are secure and possibly adding more if it doesn't help. We haven't had a Solstice in for testing yet, but I have a feeling that DRL signal is causing the issue

Nick C.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Seems to be working after having tried a different pair of LEDs. Not sure what the others were doing to cause the issue. Thanks for the help though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seems to be working after having tried a different pair of LEDs. Not sure what the others were doing to cause the issue. Thanks for the help though!
Which ones did you use that worked? I'm looking at the 3157 CREE 5W Projector Switchback turn signals. I want to see if anyone else used the same, and to confirm that 5W will be fine and not harm anything for the front signals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's better not to worry about the resistors and just go buy a new flasher that is compatible or made for LED's. I havent gotten to my solstice yet, but I have an old work van that I changed out all my lights with Led's and when I put resistors in, I nearly burned up my taillights from the heat of the resistors when sittiing for a long time in a drive thru with my foot on the brakes. The new flasher really makes things easy. Put as many LED's as you want and just unplug one flasher module and plug the new one back in.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts