Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that the front turn signal on the side of the car in front of the wheel? Just noticed it and caught me off guard when I did.

Sorry I cant find a pic small enough to post

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hard to say. Here is a pic of the front:

I assumed the side marker on the fender was mainly a sort of DRL. I would assume the turn signal is in the half oval below the fog light that is illuminated in this pic.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would say it's probably the side marker light and the turn signal for the front would be the bottom half of the fog light.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm pretty sure by law you have to be able to see the turn signal from 90 degrees to the side as well. I would think the fender one would be a side repeater, which is the only part I don't like on the Solstice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I shot video at the Detroit show and it shows the blinker on. It is fairly clear that the blinker is at the top of the "driving/sport" lamp assembly.

Mike

·
Registered
284 Posts
Darkhamr said:
I'm pretty sure by law you have to be able to see the turn signal from 90 degrees to the side as well. I would think the fender one would be a side repeater, which is the only part I don't like on the Solstice.

It's the same style as my Camaro. Turn signals are in the front nose and also one in each fender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The light setup is similar to my mini. I don't believe the light on the wheel well is a turn signal but rather just a regular night time driving light. The side turn signal will probably be behind the front wheel. The front turn signal on my mini is split. Half of the light is a turn signal and the other half is another night time light.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It is what it is. I think Pontiac did a great job of blending in a light that is obviously required by law. It wouldn't suprise me if they tried to blend a side turn signal into the badge at rear of the front fender to give it a little upscale European flavor. As long as it has turn signals I'm happy!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Those round lights (front & back) are lifted from the GMC Envoy so it should work the same as it does on that SUV.

·
Registered
284 Posts
AeroDave said:
It wouldn't suprise me if they tried to blend a side turn signal into the badge at rear of the front fender to give it a little upscale European flavor.
Maybe I'm just creating memories, but I thought I had read somewhere where they toyed around with making those light up??? Maybe that was something on the Curve. I don't know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, just like the Envoy. As I said earlier, I have video showing the front turn signals are in the round sport lamp assemblies. They are at the top of those round assemblies.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts