Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I know GM employees and other dealers read this I wanted to comment on the complete incompetence of my dealer.

I was the only order in my town of Dubuque, Iowa but my dealer was too slow to get me in the first 1000 despite my calling him 2 hours before and reminding him to place my order. He couldn't give me an exact time of when my order was placed when he finally did get it in the system. He did call me and asked me if I wanted to make changes to my order prior to the order being pulled for production but then he never made the changes I asked for!!!!He also never told me he didn't make the changes until I CALLED HIM this morning. He refuses to come to this site though I've told him about it yet he blames my knowing more of what's going on than he does on GM. Growing up in Michigan and being from a family of auto workers I've only purchased U.S. cars. After this car.... I'm not sure I'll ever buy another Pontiac.

GM's making great cars now when are they going to improve the customer service? :brentil:

Order #JCQS8D

Black w/ Black Leather. No AC. Ordered first day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
Try to remember that dealers are privately owned.
:agree:
You've got that right linedog! My dad was a GM Foundry guy and that was my first 'real' job. I never equate the dealers with the manufacturers.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
x94kenyon said:
Since I know GM employees and other dealers read this I wanted to comment on the complete incompetence of my dealer.

I was the only order in my town of Dubuque, Iowa but my dealer was too slow to get me in the first 1000 despite my calling him 2 hours before and reminding him to place my order. He couldn't give me an exact time of when my order was placed when he finally did get it in the system. He did call me and asked me if I wanted to make changes to my order prior to the order being pulled for production but then he never made the changes I asked for!!!!He also never told me he didn't make the changes until I CALLED HIM this morning. He refuses to come to this site though I've told him about it yet he blames my knowing more of what's going on than he does on GM. Growing up in Michigan and being from a family of auto workers I've only purchased U.S. cars. After this car.... I'm not sure I'll ever buy another Pontiac.

GM's making great cars now when are they going to improve the customer service? :brentil:

Order #JCQS8D

Black w/ Black Leather. No AC. Ordered first day.

You can't blame GM for a bad dealer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Gmlinedog. I would just like to have an answer from GM and even my dealer said that the customer service department isn't doing their job. My Sol was shipped from the plant on August 5th and arrived in Birmingham on the train on the 22nd. A week later they (Birmingham) called my dealer to tell him that they were shipping my car back to the plant. Have you heard of this happening before? GM headquarters doesn't know anything and the business center won't talk either. Today GM headquarters called my husband and asked if we had received the car.... :willy: Do you have any idea of what could have gone wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
My dealer admitted to me first thing, "the forum will give you more information that I ever can regarding anything other than your order."

·
Registered
192 Posts
dealers are not attorneys

I would never blame GM for a bad dealer. I place dealers in the same catagory as Attorneys, they can never be trusted as they are out there for one reason and one reason only $$$$$$$$

·
5,641 Posts
x94kenyon said:
Growing up in Michigan and being from a family of auto workers I've only purchased U.S. cars. After this car.... I'm not sure I'll ever buy another Pontiac.

GM's making great cars now when are they going to improve the customer service?

Dan Krause BMW-Nissan-Pontiac, Inc in Dubuque, Iowa.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
:agree: And the other question I would ask is are you ever going to buy any car again? Many GM dealership owners also own and operate Euorpean and Japanese car dealerships. So to rule out GM, or Pontiac specifically, because of one dealership is really unfair.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
bgfpt said:
I never equate the dealers with the manufacturers.
deluke said:
You can't blame GM for a bad dealer.
fak429 said:
I would never blame GM for a bad dealer. I place dealers in the same catagory as Attorneys, they can never be trusted as they are out there for one reason and one reason only $$$$$$$$
Of course you can blame auto makers for bad dealers. They sold them the right to sell their cars. GM obviously has some control over how their dealers behave. They had the one dealer remove his e-bay ad. It boils down to whether GM would really want to penalize someone who is making them money. What ever happened to, "The buck stops at the top"?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Dan Krause BMW-Nissan-Pontiac, Inc in Dubuque, Iowa.
Small Dealer has been a sane voice in much of the junk that we have heard through this process - BTW - thanks SD!
I hope you get things worked out to get you a sol the way you want it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
x94kenyon said:

I was the only order in my town of Dubuque, Iowa but my dealer was too slow to get me in the first 1000 despite my calling him 2 hours before and reminding him to place my order.
Can't feel too bad for you here, being as how you were supposed to be PRESENT in order to be eligible for a First 1,000 car, and there were thousands of people who actually bothered to go to the dealership and still didn't get a first 1,000.

x94kenyon said:
He couldn't give me an exact time of when my order was placed when he finally did get it in the system. He did call me and asked me if I wanted to make changes to my order prior to the order being pulled for production but then he never made the changes I asked for!!!!He also never told me he didn't make the changes until I CALLED HIM this morning. He refuses to come to this site though I've told him about it yet he blames my knowing more of what's going on than he does on GM. Growing up in Michigan and being from a family of auto workers I've only purchased U.S. cars. After this car.... I'm not sure I'll ever buy another Pontiac.

Sounds like you have a terrible salesman. Why blame Pontiac because your salesman stinks? I'd be willing to bet there are terrible sales people at every car dealership, if your unhappy, find another one.

Flagg

·
Registered
133 Posts
fak429 said:
Meanwhile, you're out there trying to save the world from itself with no expectation of compensation? :rolleyes: Some do it because they love it, BTW. And since when is trying to make a profit, or a decent living, a bad thing?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Sydney said:
Of course you can blame auto makers for bad dealers. They sold them the right to sell their cars.

GM (and all automakers) spends LOTs of time and energy keeping track of and training their dealers. Anyone having trouble with your dealer SHOULD let GM know (call customer service). They want to know, and will (if you are reasonable) do something about it.

There are plenty of people that want to own dealerships. GM can and will yank franchises from under performing dealers. :yesnod:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Breeze said:
Meanwhile, you're out there trying to save the world from itself with no expectation of compensation? :rolleyes: Some do it because they love it, BTW. And since when is trying to make a profit, or a decent living, a bad thing?
Your talking of a very few, most will slit your throat for a dollar. One of the main reason each of them ( car dealers and Attorneys ) have the reputation that they do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts