Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP COUPE, 2.0 Liter Turbo, 5 speed auto, Red Ext. Black Leather Int. 26500 miles, Original Owner, NO Aftermarket Modifications, Adult Owned, Garaged, Very Clean, Very Well cared for, Clean CarFax available on request, Loaded, Original Window Sticker was $34,500 (available). Remainder of Factory Warranty. Car gets a lot of attention and compliments. Wife wants a Jeep Wrangler instead. Located in MA. $24,000

(any "marks" in pictures are from reflections off super shiny paint:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone wondering about the "performance" of the Auto needs to watch the Boost Gauge in this video (not my video). I never buy Automatics, but I love the Auto in this car:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Can one of the moderators move this thread to the For Sale section.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Looks like you'll be getting a Jeep (too bad). I think the pic with the roof panel on looks so much better. Thats why I've never had mine off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you'll be getting a Jeep (too bad). I think the pic with the roof panel on looks so much better. Thats why I've never had mine off.
Hey Jeff, She goes topless as often as possible;) After more research on the 2012 Wranglers and potential head issues with the new Pentastar 3.6, I think she may be going Toyota FJ Trail Team Edition.

·
Registered
432 Posts
the wrangler motor issue has already been corrected in current production. Also it was a very small percent that had any issues (like one in 10,000) Get the wrangler not that ugly mess!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awww, come on!!! I would buy that right now if it was a stick... I didn't even know they made a GXP Coupe until I just looked... (Haven't been keeping up on the Solstice since the Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S came out). And you're in Mass, too! Drat. I wonder how hard a 5spd swap is... ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the wrangler motor issue has already been corrected in current production. Also it was a very small percent that had any issues (like one in 10,000) Get the wrangler not that ugly mess!
Thanks for the update Ex13, I am curious as to where you got your information regarding the resolution of Pentastar 3.6 issues.

I kind of like that "ugly mess", it reminds me of my Evo on Steroids:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Not to veer too far of topic, but the FJ Cruiser does have a factory backed TRD supercharger available. (I had one, big difference).

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Not to veer too far of topic, but the FJ Cruiser does have a factory backed TRD supercharger available. (I had one, big difference).
I've heard the FJs have issues with the frame braking during serious offroading. Just way too heavy of a vehicle. Could be just hearsay.

My wife has had her '05 Wrangler for 5 years. I had no idea how awesome that little Jeep could be. The other day we drove it over a bunch of staggered 8 foot tall chat piles. Didn't even break a sweat.

The Solstice looks pretty nice. But I know from experience there's something that calls girls to Jeeps. :D

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hey Jeff, She goes topless as often as possible;) After more research on the 2012 Wranglers and potential head issues with the new Pentastar 3.6, I think she may be going Toyota FJ Trail Team Edition.

Get the Jeep and support the American economy. The asians don't need any help and they certainly won't help you out in need.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts