1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS GXP rear valance & Magnaflow dual exhaust

SOLD SOLD SOLD

I am getting ready to list on eBay, with a starting bid of $375, the following:

OEM GXP dual outlet rear valance, in perfect condition. Satin black, ready for installation or painting another color.

Four-month-old Magnaflow hi-flow performance axle-back dual exhaust, with chrome tips; disconnected just behind the exhaust.

Here is everything you need to convert your N/A single outlet exhaust to a GXP (type) double outlet exhaust.

I am letting forum members know, prior to eBay, just in case someone wants to make a pre-emptive offer. PM me if interested. I'm going to try to sell both items as a package. Of course, local pickup would give you a really good bargain, in competition with those who need the items shipped. I am north of Baltimore.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'm still stuck on trading mine / getting rid of it and getting a GXP. so, I'll just stare at your avatar for a few minutes and move in. Thanks for the offer Balti.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Are you saying that you don't need to cut the stock exhaust? Because I think the stocker is 1 piece all the way up to the downpipe, isn't it? And this doesn't look that long...

I'd be interested in the exhaust for the right price if it'll just connect up. I have a Solo Street Race right now and it's too loud in the coupe.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If what you're saying is that you do not have to 2 longer pieces shown in that eBay pic, then I'm definitely not interested. This is no longer a drop in system and will require fab work. I'm not sure why you would sell off part of a kit like that.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently this is a conversion kit to replace the OEM muffler and single outlet with the Magnaflow and dual oulet gear.
Bingo! :yesnod:
Had I not sold my 2.4 today, that's exactly what I was going to do tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I'm not sure what's in the picture that would lead you to believe I have or am selling the two pipes. If I did, I would have posted them in the picture and wouldn't have described it as an axle-back exhaust. This is the most common way to convert the single outlet 2.4 stock exhaust to the dual GXP exhaust. That's why it's being packaged with the GXP valance. Some people scrounge around for an OEM GXP exhaust that has been discarded in favor of an aftermarket exhaust, and then have the seller chop off this part to save on shipping. This was already sectioned off perfectly to do the single to dual exhaust conversion. It was never intended to replace a Solo Street exhaust, or any other existing dual exhaust.
What I'm saying is that someone with a stock exhaust isn't going to be able to drop this in. The stock exhaust will need to be chopped up and somehow joined with what you have. To be sure though, I don't know if the stock exhaust even takes the same path as the magnaflow, and therefore may not meet up with what you have there. So you may actually need to get the front section fabbed, which you already had!

I was actually looking to remove my entire Solo and sell it off as a unit and replace it (I was planning to put stock back in for now). I wouldn't try and mix and match, nor would I try to sell just half a system (since I've already looked at what it takes to replace just the front section when I previously found a deal on the rear section of a Solo exhaust. It wasn't worth it)

Regardless, it's not "just put them on" as you suggest.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It was for dozens of other people who did it.
But they had a full Magnaflow kit, not half a kit, no?

Anyways, I'm done. No sense wasting my time here...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
But they had a full Magnaflow kit, not half a kit, no?

Anyways, I'm done. No sense wasting my time here...
Nor mine.

It's clear you didn't look at the picture or read the description. So, this is not what YOU are looking for. It is however, exactly what a lot of other people are looking for that want to do the single to double outlet conversion.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It will NOT work without the mid section of the exhaust system. So no it is not plug and play
This was my point. He split up a kit that needed to go together.

·
Registered
155 Posts
OEM Exhaust Pipe IS Not 3"

I don't understand why not. Help me out here. I'm willing to learn. If you can explain why you can't weld a 3" Magnaflow exhaust pipe to a 3" OEM exhaust pipe, I'll happily remove this post and just list the items separately on eBay. Thanks.
It is my understanding that the OEM exhaust pipe is not 3" that is why you would need some type of connector to connect both. With that said I am interestead in bying your GXP rear valance & Magna dual exhaust
:)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is my understanding that the OEM exhaust pipe is not 3" that is why you would need some type of connector to connect both. With that said I am interestead in bying your GXP rear valance & Magna dual exhaust
:)
When you reply to my PM, please include location zip code, if you want these items shipped. Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It will NOT work without the mid section of the exhaust system. So no it is not plug and play
It WILL work with an inexpensive reducer, just like the ones Solo uses.

·
Registered
155 Posts
OEM GXP dual outlet rear valance NOT in perfect condition

I purchased the Magnaflow dual exhaust from Ron and it was in good condition as shown in his picture. BUT the rear valance was not in perfect condition! It had been cut and painted black with runs in the paint and the only way to correct the problem was to have it completely stripped and painted black again! Costing me an extra $80.00 which I did know I was going to have to pay. So I called Ron and asked him if he would split the cost... not going to happen!! :mad:

Below is his post for selling the parts on the Forum.
"OEM GXP dual outlet rear valance, in perfect condition. Satin black, ready for installation or painting another color."

Four-month-old Magnaflow hi-flow performance axle-back dual exhaust, with chrome tips; disconnected just behind the exhaust.

FS GXP rear valance & Magnaflow dual exhaust

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This person bought a six-year-old used, been on a car fascia for $195, and expected it to be in new, out of the box, GM factory direct condition. He tells me the fascia had two coats of paint on it, and he had to have it stripped, and wanted me to pay for it. Well, I had no idea how many coats of paint it had; nor, did I care. He wasn't paying $477 for a brand new fascia. There's nothing wrong with the part. It had NOT been cut. It had no runs. All it needed was to be painted to match his car. It's a USED part, which anyone (sane) would expect to paint before installing. Just like you would if you bought one of Norm's, or you bought one on eBay from a parts place. It was in PERFECT used condition. It has no breaks, scratches, chips, marks, cracks, etc. It was ready to be painted and mounted. If he wants a brand new, untouched by human hands fascia, they're available at GM for $477, plus tax and shipping. He paid 60% less. Here is a picture of the fascia, which I got (had it for two days) from a forum member in Manitoba, who got it from another forum member in Manitoba, who got it from someone who I don't know, and then it went from the (at least third owner) to me, to this individual. He wants me to pay his body shop because it has two coats of paint. Huh?????????? Check out the picture. Do you see anything wrong?

I have been selling on eBay for 13 years, with nary a single complaint -- 1,565 consecutive perfect, positive feedbacks. And, I can and will get you references on this forum about what it is like to deal with me, from MB Brazen, for instance. So, I leave it to you. 13 years, thousands of people, no problem until Alan comes along and wants a brand new fascia for the price of a used one. As he said, it's not going to happen, even if he types in larger, really really big letters.

·
Registered
130 Posts
"Mental case", "man is mental", "deranged individual", "little child"! I do not think name calling is going to help your cause. I would have posted your side of the story without the name calling (I have read some of your previous postings here with the same type of behavior). You come across as very angry.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts