Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
They are handy for stops while on the road.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Isn't it just as easy, or maybe even easier, to just put the top up? Then you don't have to store something else in a car known for limited storage.

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
Isn't it just as easy, or maybe even easier, to just put the top up? Then you don't have to store something else in a car known for limited storage.
Yes and no.

The cover is faster once you get the hang of it, especially with two people. Leaving the top down saves wear on the mechanisms, and the cover keeps sun off of the interior.

I keep mine (similar idea, but different design) spread out on top of the top, so it can also help protect the top from the inner liner of the trunk. Some people carry a towel or yoga mat for that purpose, and the cover actually gives you a two-for-one.

cockpit cover.jpg

Reactions: E.G.P.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That's pretty much my thought on these (and the even sillier IMHO tonneau covers,) but I did consider getting one at at one point so that I could completely ditch the top in summer, losing a bunch of weight and gaining cargo space in the process. I ended up just going with a $30 dust cover I treated with some water repellant spray. Still packs down to the size of a shoe box but is ready for unscheduled or overnight rains.

Of course, I also am more inclined to go to extremes to ditch weight then most, and live somewhere where the top can otherwise be left open in the summer without turning the seats into a cattle brand.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
my opinion also. Bought one, used it once, found it easier to put the top up.

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
my opinion also. Bought one, used it once, found it easier to put the top up.
If you had tried it more than once you very likely would have changed your mind.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP mean yellow
34 Posts
riggs314 many thanks! As soon as I receive the parcel, I will report my impressions and post a photo)
This is a useful thing for my car and for me! (y)

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP mean yellow
34 Posts
Thanks again! My GXP is very happy! He received a gift from his native land)))

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts