Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have finally located new wheels for the Solstice, so once installed I will no longer need or use the factory set. Again, these are the polished wheels, tires will not be included. I will consider selling separately as I've had interest in splitting the set.

The wheels are in nice shape, with only a few minor blemishes from the previous owner (I back into every spot so I will never hit a curb or scratch a spoke!), otherwise they are completely straight.

I am asking $400 locally and can ship if necessary. Please feel free to PM me with any other questions, offers, or if you would like more pictures.

Thank you.

Front Passenger

Rear Passenger

Front Driver

Rear Driver

·
Registered
848 Posts
I was checking this thread to see if you were interested in selling just 1 (spare for me), but it's interesting that your polished '08 wheels are not quite the same as the polished '09 wheels. What code are these?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to check for the code. I've noticed that myself with the slight differences in the spokes with the 09 wheels. They appear slightly more narrow and have a more defined edge towards the end of each spoke.

·
Registered
848 Posts
TTT for ya silverfox. fyi, you might have a Qf8 code for your wheels in your glove box sticky, as do I, but the '06-08 wheel is different from the '09-10 Qf8. This might help with someone asking the same thing about matching their rims:

go down to the bottom and click the thumbs to see the differences:

New Used & Refinished Wheels PONTIAC PURSUIT SPORT GT SEDANS SOLSTICE GXP CONVERTIBLE Alloy Wheels Pontiac OE OEM Original Factory Aluminum Wheels Philadelphia PA NJ DE NY MD CT VA MA OH DC NC Factory Original Wheels SEDANS BONNEVILLE SSE SOLSTICE GX

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Confused is me, I just picked up a set of what the reference says are N87's, but they are chrome?????? :brentil:

Well, they look pretty goodwhat ever they are :thumbs: and with caps, TPMS and Eagle F1 rubber, delivered for $135 ea.

It might have been a great E-Pay score. :thumbs:

:yay::yay:

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
It's very confusing for sure, because I was following another thread you and John were on talking about your Q9Y's (which I like for sure, just won't pay the money to get rid of my more expensive Qf8's), and I realized John's stock wheels are PD5's, which are the chrome version of what Silverfox is trying to sell. I would have thought John had the rims like you are now showing (an 09-10 design), and I like that design better, except I'm not sure about your blackout paint job.:devil:

John was talking about the minor difference in rim weight, and I'd be willing to bet the PD'5 have the most weight (think John said his were 26lbs ea.), while my Qf8's will be close to the 23lbs of the Q9y's.

Edit: and TTT for you silverfox. This is your FS thread so I apologize for getting this off track. If there is further desire for chat on this we'll move it to our own/another thread.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem at all, that's good information to know. As for SolNut's wheels, I say back for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
:hijack:
That's part of the FUN!
:party:

I need to find out what the real deal for option numbers are on these new wheels. Guess it's time to get the books out. :brentil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts