Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen, after much deliberation and consideration; the day has come. I have decided to sell my GXP coupe. I have thoroughly enjoyed owning this car, and have been giving it a lot of TLC in the last year and a half I have owned it. After owning a 2009 Convertible for many years, dreaming of a coupe; I feel I have finally ticked that box. I get looks everywhere I go with it, and get lots of interest at every Cars and Coffee I go to. The joy of knowing that it was the last one ever assembled was the icing on the cake. It is a truly special, special car. With that, I obviously don't want to give it away to a dealer or someone who will not understand it's historical significance. I am looking for another owner like myself who will take good care of it, but still drive it and enjoy it. It has 129k miles on it as the previous owner put about 118k miles on it. But, it has been well maintained, and clearly loved by its two owners, and I hope the next one will as well. It's a special and rare car that deserves to be out where people can enjoy it. As a regular member here; I know what these cars are going for, and I know what to realistically expect. If you are interested; please email me ([email protected]) or send a direct Private Message on here. Please feel free to share with other forums. I will be glad to send additional pictures and videos if requested. With Nationals coming up in June, this would be a perfect time to buy! Thank you all for your interest!

Asking price: $17,500 OBO

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/2009-pontiac-solstice-gxp/6603321403.html

2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe - Vin# 1152 (the last one)
Exterior: Aggressive (Red)
Interior: Ebony Leather w/red stitching
Transmission: 5 Speed Automatic
Options: Fully Loaded (Bluetooth calling/6 disc CD changer/XM/OnStar/Monsoon Speakers w/sub)
Mileage 129k
Located in Norman, OK

GM Performance Parts Intake
GM Performance Parts Tune
GM Performance Parts Exhaust
Targa Top Storage Bag
OEM Air Intake w/ K&N Filter
OEM Exhaust
OEM Map Sensors
OEM Tire Inflation Kit
OEM Owners Manual
OEM Front License Plate Bracket

Full ceramic tint (clear ceramic on windshield)
New AC-Delco Iridium spark plugs (Installed Feb 2018)
LED Headlight Bulbs
LED Reverse Bulbs
LED Fog Lights
LED Interior Lighting

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
It looks like its been very well maintained! Beautiful machine! I hate to hear that you're selling, but I understand. Thanks for coming to us here on the forums first prior to going to the dealers~

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Nice car, but have no idea of what it is worth. 130K will kill a lot of interest I think. I would guess 15-17 is tops. GLWS

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm a freak on history and historical values (often just a mindset). My Coupe was off the line the day before 001152 @ 001137 for mine. I often tell the story about my Coupe off the line the day before the very last Coupe was made and the doors in Wilmington, DE were closed! The vanity plate on my 7Y100044 SKY is '44THSKY'. It was off the line on 12/16/2005, and I've yet to bump into anyone with a two digit VIN SKY. I have seen 3 digit VIN's on this forum though.

Dave, I can't get that low on price, but Bob is probably in the ball-park for a non-historical type buyer. Heck the museum-curator that bought the Mallett 004 could well be interested. ??

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,195 Posts
Dave, I can't get that low on price, but Bob is probably in the ball-park for a non-historical type buyer. Heck the museum-curator that bought the Mallett 004 could well be interested. ??
Just to double check my numbers I ran his car through the internet used car value places as a perfect condition 130K mile private party sale price and was surprised to find I was about $1500 high across the board. The killer is the 130K miles.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
@DaveOC

I got to thinking about it and my guess is closer to what you have said. The problem with the car is that there are a lot less of them, and most people have never seen one. Heck most people don't even know what the verts are. I feel certain the car is a great car, I hope OSU gets what he is looking for.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to double check my numbers I ran his car through the internet used car value places as a perfect condition 130K mile private party sale price and was surprised to find I was about $1500 high across the board. The killer is the 130K miles.

:dunno:

Dave, as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm to comment; you do a disservice to every member of this community with that kind of value speculation. I know it's not worth 1970 Hemi 'Cuda money or even original MSRP, but please don't come on someone's car sale post and low ball their vehicle with what you would be willing to pay.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,195 Posts
Dave, as much as I appreciate your enthusiasm to comment; you do a disservice to every member of this community with that kind of value speculation. I know it's not worth 1970 Hemi 'Cuda money or even original MSRP, but please don't come on someone's car sale post and low ball their vehicle with what you would be willing to pay.
I'm not lowballing your car, simply reporting what the Internet services are reporting it's worth here in the Midwest part of the country. Yes, it's probably worth more as it was the last coupe and 2nd last Solstice off the line, but you need to find the right buyer in order to capitalize on that, and I doubt that that buyer is hanging around on this forum.

Nowhere have I stated what I would pay for it. I don't recall that you stated what you want for it, which is why we started speculating on what it's worth.

Good luck selling it, I hope you get the big bucks.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
FOR SALE: LAST 2009 PONTIAC SOLSTICE COUPE OFF PRODUCTION LINE. That's the sales line, everything else is incidental. Because sometimes a cars story is more interesting than the car itself. Start off with a little backstory on the Solstice, followed by coupe production history, and followed up by buying the car, and then finding out that it was the last Pontiac Solstice Coupe to ever roll down the Kappa assembly line. Romanticize it a little by saying that it could be considered the last unique Pontiac...that Pontiac ever built. Due to the fact that Saturn did not offer a coupe version, "only" Pontiac did. Using factory photos showing it behind the last vert would give some addition provenance/cred. :devil:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't you see glimpses of it in this video? The Last Solstice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=325&v=7tZP8GWM4d8

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FOR SALE: LAST 2009 PONTIAC SOLSTICE COUPE OFF PRODUCTION LINE. That's the sales line, everything else is incidental. Because sometimes a cars story is more interesting than the car itself. Start off with a little backstory on the Solstice, followed by coupe production history, and followed up by buying the car, and then finding out that it was the last Pontiac Solstice Coupe to ever roll down the Kappa assembly line. Romanticize it a little by saying that it could be considered the last unique Pontiac...that Pontiac ever built. Due to the fact that Saturn did not offer a coupe version, "only" Pontiac did. Using factory photos showing it behind the last vert would give some addition provenance/cred. :devil:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't you see glimpses of it in this video? The Last Solstice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=325&v=7tZP8GWM4d8
You sir, are a genius!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've seen the video before and I watched again just now. Yes, I believe 1152 was the red coupe in the video!! It stands to reason the staff knew they were dealing with history and their intent was to have that last coupe off the line in the closing video, IMO. OSUCherokee, just keep the car and keep driving it....... don't sell it for any reason. You'll regret it. :dthumbs:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I won't speculate what it's worth, but I can tell you, KBB has ALWAYS valued our cars about 1/2 of what they are normally going for... And that is why I would never trade mine in, nor use KBB to value my car.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump for price listing on first post.

$18,000 OBO

This is a very good chance for someone to get a GXP Coupe that not only has historical significance, but also has all three factory power increase options in the tune, and hard to find intake, and exhaust.

Thank you for your interest!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts